The Good, The Bad & The Ugly

I do understand the boycott point of view but I don’t think in this situation it actually achieves anything apart from harming a business that does try to please us fans(even though that’s an impossible task).
The amount made from Farrs although I’m sure substantial to them is probably a fairly insignificant amount compared to the money made from the Oufc rent, Conferences, and all the businesses around the ground and is probably low down on the list of priorities.
All these issues really highlight is the dire situation we have found ourselves in over the last 10/15 years, and the need for swift action on the stadium front, something I hope is going on behind the scenes now.

Short sighted view in my opinion.
If fans spend loads on food and drink, then the tenants do a good trade and Kassam is likely to want to keep hold of the business as is as there will be tenants lined up to continue. If the tenants are not earning as much, then they would not be as willing to pay as much to Kassam so he’d have to drop his prices.

Never heard of The Priory, then?

No. I just disproved it.
My point is that if the tenant succeeds, Kassam will want his cake and to eat it. You’ve proved this with your example. He charged too much in your example, and now it isn’t earning him a penny as nobody was prepared to pay his prices. My point is that if Farrs are more profitable, he will want more and more. By boycotting, less money goes through the tills so they are less likely to renew, same with a potential new tenant. In years to come when we are trying to renew, if he has a less of a thriving business he’s in a less powerful bargaining position.

Mmmh, so a boycott actually helps Farrs keep the rent down and is good for them?
Perhaps I have this thing upside down ?

Okay so you're happy we no longer have the Priory as an option so long as Kassam can't make anything from it so assume you'd be happy for no refreshments on sale inside the ground or around the ground (including Bowlplex, F&B, Oxy etc) as they all contribute to Kassam?

We could also try getting a few relegation's under our belt as he may decrease the rent on that basis, oh hang one we tried that one!

Obviously i'm taking this to the extreme but it does seem an odd boycott to me but each to their own.

The best thing that can happen for us is get go bankrupt, no one paying that exorbitant rent will really hit Kassam hard.

So if I have this right, we should all spend as much as possible in the concourse, so that Kassam out prices himself when it comes to renewing the lease for the businesses competing for the food kiosks?

What was with the East Stand closure at half time today?

All credit to the Farr’s lady in the kiosk in SSL today. On her own all the time instead of the usual two or three, queues no worse than usual and I’d go as far to say better than usual! All this with a cheery smile, well done to you!
I can confirm that was my wife, due to a complete bol**ck drop from the agency, 1 staff turned up from 10 ordered. We were stretched a little thin today. Although next time we’re considering duck taping the baby to the wall.

Complete and utter lack of staff. Thought it better to concentrate what we did have into 1 unit instead of struggling even more with 2

Fair enough. I never buy food or drink at the Stadium personally but saw a few people grumbling about it.

Back
Top Bottom