The Good, The Bad & The Ugly

Chicken Balti Pies

Agree with the token system. Thinking specifically of the East Stand, you could sell beer tokens from the programme booths each side of the stand pre-match which is naturally a much less busy time for the team behind the bars.

The token system would fly through beer drinkers much quicker - nothing I dread more than watching as someone buys three pies and two hot drinks in the queue in front of me! Just ensure it's beer & tokens only. No food or other drinks.

You know we do have a Chicken Curry Pie don't you?? Were gonna defiantly put alcohol Express Lanes in most of the units

Would you consider letting people go outside with a beer at half time I think that’s a stupid rule considering it’s plastic bottles why you can’t go outside with it

there are many stupid rules regarding alcohol consumption at football matches. but we have to abide by them. But we are looking into being able to serve alcohol throughout the first half, as to prevent the standstill queues at half time

Thank you. All things considered, i think I’ll continue my boycott then.

From memory and apologies if this is wrong but my understanding was that Farrs pay a rent to Stadium Company to manage the refreshments and anything bought goes to Farrs. My point being that boycotting the refreshments only hurts Farrs and not Kassam!

Happy to be corrected though.

From memory and apologies if this is wrong but my understanding was that Farrs pay a rent to Stadium Company to manage the refreshments and anything bought goes to Farrs. My point being that boycotting the refreshments only hurts Farrs and not Kassam!

Happy to be corrected though.

Correct

Pretty sure Farrs once said they'd happily donate a percentage of profits to the club if they made enough, but that'll likely never happen as too many "boycott".

They were always keen to donate to the Ultras displays over the years, extremely generously too.

Pretty sure Farrs once said they'd happily donate a percentage of profits to the club if they made enough, but that'll likely never happen as too many "boycott".

They were always keen to donate to the Ultras displays over the years, extremely generously too.
I boycott as nothing goes to the club and there is a poor and overpriced selection. Instead, I buy more than I may have done in the club shop which directly goes to the club. The most they’ll get out of me is the price of a hot boveril on a cold day.

I boycott as nothing goes to the club and there is a poor and overpriced selection. Instead, I buy more than I may have done in the club shop which directly goes to the club. The most they’ll get out of me is the price of a hot boveril on a cold day.

So not really much boycott then if you still use it lol!?
I do wonder if the same people who boycott farrs because of Kassam used to boycott the Priory, or the O-Zone complex or any other of his establishments/hotels/golf courses etc because Kassam profited from it, or perhaps maybe not even going to home games for the same reason as they don’t use Farrs?
At the end of the day Farrs are a tenant just as Oufc are. We both pay a rent to use a space on match days, it’s neither Farrs or the current club owners fault that the agreement signed between the representatives of Oufc was terrible for us.
To not eat or drink when you are hungry/thirsty is cutting off your nose to spite your face imo, Kassam gets the same amount of money off of them whether you eat or not so you are only actually hurting a small business trying there best for Oxford fans.
We now have 6 or 7 years left on the lease to sort a new stadium, buy the Kassam or agree more favourable terms with FK, something needs to happen soon because it won’t be long until the time is upon us, and perhaps one day Farrs could be doing the food in an Oxford United or Community owned stadium and paying rent to us instead.

Boycotting Farrs is pointless and punishes a business that has only ever tried to do the right thing by OUFC,

I wouldn't use the conference facilities for my business on principal because Firoka benefit directly, though I'd be very proud to use them if OUFC were the beneficiaries. I suspect a lot of local businesses think similarly.

So not really much boycott then if you still use it lol!?
I do wonder if the same people who boycott farrs because of Kassam used to boycott the Priory, or the O-Zone complex or any other of his establishments/hotels/golf courses etc because Kassam profited from it, or perhaps maybe not even going to home games for the same reason as they don’t use Farrs?
At the end of the day Farrs are a tenant just as Oufc are. We both pay a rent to use a space on match days, it’s neither Farrs or the current club owners fault that the agreement signed between the representatives of Oufc was terrible for us.
To not eat or drink when you are hungry/thirsty is cutting off your nose to spite your face imo, Kassam gets the same amount of money off of them whether you eat or not so you are only actually hurting a small business trying there best for Oxford fans.
We now have 6 or 7 years left on the lease to sort a new stadium, buy the Kassam or agree more favourable terms with FK, something needs to happen soon because it won’t be long until the time is upon us, and perhaps one day Farrs could be doing the food in an Oxford United or Community owned stadium and paying rent to us instead.
Short sighted view in my opinion.
If fans spend loads on food and drink, then the tenants do a good trade and Kassam is likely to want to keep hold of the business as is as there will be tenants lined up to continue. If the tenants are not earning as much, then they would not be as willing to pay as much to Kassam so he’d have to drop his prices.
As for not drinking or eating, it’s a two hour period around ten times a season.....I can cope! The odd bovril on a cold day won’t make any difference at all!

Back
Top Bottom