The Good, The Bad & The Ugly

I can ask, I think I’m safe in the knowledge what the answer would be...
.... we can all probably guess what its likely to be...... however, piggybacking on an improved wi fi ( which will benifict those who have corperate or hold other events there) would be benificial to farrs catering ( signal for card machines for example?) as well as all the paying 'customers' on matchdays too, gotta be worth an ask, after all, if you dont ask you dont get?

How about being able to buy vouchers so you simply ask for your drinks and hand it over, maybe even an express queue for those who do it?

No cash or card transaction needed. Maybe sell them in blocks of 5?
I was at the Allianz Arena a few years ago and there you get a card you put money on. Then just use it like a contactless card around the ground. Still got a few Euros on it

I was at the Allianz Arena a few years ago and there you get a card you put money on. Then just use it like a contactless card around the ground. Still got a few Euros on it
I have been to a few German grounds. I dont like the card system. You have to queue up twice and then inevitably dont spend all on the card. You have to queue yet again to get the change back.
Contact less cards far easier.

Thanks for coming on an answering questions but I wouldnt want any barriers put up particularly in the east stand concourse which is a heavily congested area most weeks and shuffle room only on a bigger matchday.

Seconded for the North Stand; that place is far too congested when it's full already and people are getting shirty - adding barriers would be asking for trouble.

I have been to a few German grounds. I dont like the card system. You have to queue up twice and then inevitably dont spend all on the card. You have to queue yet again to get the change back.
Contact less cards far easier.

Agree there, payment cards in football grounds are an absolute pox!

1. Don't put barriers in. Its only going to P**s people off.
2. A token system could work, or even a paper booklet where you pre buy it online (have different choices, one paper ticket for beer, one for a burger etc) you give that to the cashier instead of money. Solves the card payment issue and would make transactions quicker.
3. Put up small stands that only sell beer or have staff walk around with a backpack selling beer?

Separate queues for hot drinks and hot food, and cold drinks and sweets etc. Serving hot drinks and food slows down the queue in my opinion, so a separate 'fast queue' might sell more, if people know they'll get served quickly and have time to drink something at half time?

Chicken Balti Pies

Agree with the token system. Thinking specifically of the East Stand, you could sell beer tokens from the programme booths each side of the stand pre-match which is naturally a much less busy time for the team behind the bars.

The token system would fly through beer drinkers much quicker - nothing I dread more than watching as someone buys three pies and two hot drinks in the queue in front of me! Just ensure it's beer & tokens only. No food or other drinks.

Can I suggest painting lines on the floor and barriers closer to the kiosks to snake the queue around.

The barriers would create a physical barrier to allow easy egress and prevent people jumping the queue. I appreciate at present it is difficult to see how people will comply with lines painted on the floor in the current chaos but,if barriers can't be used, it may help a small bit.

I’ve been to a number of venues (including Abbey Cinema in Abingdon) that uses a fairly basic app to order drinks on that are then delivered to the table/seat.

Could a Farrs app not be developed where people could order their drinks before/during the match which are then prepared a few mins before half time etc.

It avoids the need for printing/exchanging vouchers or tokens and should only require your staff cross referencing the order on your system with the order on someone’s phone.

Wetherspoons have done a fairly similar thing to reduce queuing at the bar etc. There’s not a huge amount of variety in terms of alcohol options at the moment so it could be trialled with that.

I’ve been to a number of venues (including Abbey Cinema in Abingdon) that uses a fairly basic app to order drinks on that are then delivered to the table/seat.

Could a Farrs app not be developed where people could order their drinks before/during the match which are then prepared a few mins before half time etc.

It avoids the need for printing/exchanging vouchers or tokens and should only require your staff cross referencing the order on your system with the order on someone’s phone.

Wetherspoons have done a fairly similar thing to reduce queuing at the bar etc. There’s not a huge amount of variety in terms of alcohol options at the moment so it could be trialled with that.
They did trial a pre ordering service but for food only.

Excellent idea ....however it needs a decent wi fi signal inside the breeze block to get a decent trial

Would you consider letting people go outside with a beer at half time I think that’s a stupid rule considering it’s plastic bottles why you can’t go outside with it

SSU East End Of. Just regular white coffee. Thanks for looking into it.
Coffee is black you can’t get white coffee only if you add milk so you should really be asking for a milky coffee which is disgusting to be honest if you want to drink coffee drink coffee black no sugar why add anything to coffee

Coffee is black you can’t get white coffee only if you add milk so you should really be asking for a milky coffee which is disgusting to be honest if you want to drink coffee drink coffee black no sugar why add anything to coffee
Yeah, don't add anything to coffee, chew the beans you heathens. Hot water on coffee? A joke.

Shall we have a bucket collection for Glover so that he can buy a keyboard with punctuation keys on it?

In all seriousness Malc, any chance of just banning the troll now? It's getting stupid now how many threads this kid is trying to ruin.

Back
Top Bottom