The five sites...

Disagree. It is holding the club back in so many ways as has virtually every body at the club in the past 10 years said.
Clearly something is going on regarding a potential new stadium. I reckon you are the only one happy with the Kassam as it is.
You might be surprised about people’s acceptance of where we are, against chasing dreams that never seem to materialise.
Please explain being held back in so many ways, there seems lots of rhetoric on here with very little foundation of facts.

Kassam was at loggerheads with the club even when the club was paying the bills on time.
Unfortunately he has an axe to grind and I suspect nothing the club does will change his attitude.
Was that before DE started the ill fated (convenient) arbitration ? Or before the ill judged licence agreement under IL tenure.
You could chuck in the storming of the boardroom to hound him out, I believe that still resonates with family members, FK is no angel but the club has been its own worse enemy at times.

Was that before DE started the ill fated (convenient) arbitration ? Or before the ill judged licence agreement under IL tenure.
You could chuck in the storming of the boardroom to hound him out, I believe that still resonates with family members, FK is no angel but the club has been its own worse enemy at times.
Well, as DE himself said (para-phrasing): I tried to be nice to him (FK), it didn't work. So I tried to be not nice and that didn't work either. So blaming the poor relationship between FK and the club on the arbitration issue is a complete red herring imo.

The storming of the boardroom may have been the last straw for FK, who knows? As I said, I think he has an axe to grind and that may well be the reason. But to say in the same sentence that the club has been its own worst enemy - it surely wasn't the club that planned the storming of the boardroom, was it?

The boardroom incident had no affect - he wasn’t even there.

The abuse he and his kids received at other times undoubtedly did, though.

If you’re a young girl and you see you father being abused it’s likely to be both frightening and a reason to lose any affection for OUFC and its fans.

A bit of shocker for us that his daughter is so involved in running his business now.

If you’re a young girl and you see you father being abused it’s likely to be both frightening and a reason to lose any affection for OUFC and its fans.

A bit of shocker for us that his daughter is so involved in running his business now.
Yes, unfortunately that's the situation we now find ourselves in, when the "passion" of football spills over into personal lives you tread a thin line going forward.

Well, as DE himself said (para-phrasing): I tried to be nice to him (FK), it didn't work. So I tried to be not nice and that didn't work either. So blaming the poor relationship between FK and the club on the arbitration issue is a complete red herring imo.
Is that the same DE who said he wasn't interested in the stadium on more than one occasion? (on public record)

Is that the same DE who said he wasn't interested in the stadium on more than one occasion? (on public record)
i don't think he said he wasn't interested, i think he said the club didn't need it. Wouldn't have thought it was more than a bargaining ploy.

i don't think he said he wasn't interested, i think he said the club didn't need it. Wouldn't have thought it was more than a bargaining ploy.
I was fortunate to be in a meeting with DE and Mash when they first come to the club, the ground was discussed but they were not interested in it, it was all about getting raw talent in and then selling them on and getting to the championship, the plan then was to sell the club for a profit after giving the fans a exciting few seasons.

He never had the affection for Oxford, the only affection he has is money.

In all honesty, I would think that the next few months will prove whether a new stadium or rebuild of the kassam will ever happen. Erick will have completed his election commitments and will only be looking to get involved if there is the chance of building real assets. Kassam is getting edgy so maybe he is finally seeing someone who has the knowledge, experience and bank balance to rip the ground out of his dirty little hands. Of course, we might still be in the same boat for years to come, but as with everything related to Oxford, you have to have hope.

In all honesty, I would think that the next few months will prove whether a new stadium or rebuild of the kassam will ever happen. Erick will have completed his election commitments and will only be looking to get involved if there is the chance of building real assets. Kassam is getting edgy so maybe he is finally seeing someone who has the knowledge, experience and bank balance to rip the ground out of his dirty little hands. Of course, we might still be in the same boat for years to come, but as with everything related to Oxford, you have to have hope.
When will the dreamers finally wake up?

NOBODY is going to buy the Grenoble road stadium from FK. There is no possible financial gain from owning a piece of decaying concrete. Its value is in its potential as housing or as redevelopment as more retail/entertainment/leisure facility.

If, Thohir is coming in to invest, then it will be as a major land asset with major development. Why would FK even contemplate selling any part of Grenoble Road for less than he could realise himself by waiting? What gain would there be in developing the existing stadium? You would have to knock it all down and start again, and even then ask why?

T
When will the dreamers finally wake up?

NOBODY is going to buy the Grenoble road stadium from FK. There is no possible financial gain from owning a piece of decaying concrete. Its value is in its potential as housing or as redevelopment as more retail/entertainment/leisure facility.

If, Thohir is coming in to invest, then it will be as a major land asset with major development. Why would FK even contemplate selling any part of Grenoble Road for less than he could realise himself by waiting? What gain would there be in developing the existing stadium? You would have to knock it all down and start again, and even then ask why?

Agree, the way Kassam’s treated Tiger etc I can’t see him/them doing anything with the Kassam.

Back
Top Bottom