The five sites...

Correct me if I am wrong but isn’t overseeing big construction projects Horst Gieke’s field also. I have always thought this is part of the reason these people are on board.
Good point. I hadn't put that part into my thinking but now, makes even more sense.

Never believed that the big hitters were there out of love for Tiger. He has somehow sold them on this idea of his for making OUFC a "name" equivalent to the concept of "Oxford University" maybe they believe it, maybe not however, they have the wealth and experience to make this work and with half the work done by Ox City Council already, they just need to pass the scrutiny of the planners with a suitable concept.
It has attractions for big hitters and they would surely want a Premiership side playing at the stadium? (I must stop this medication, far too strong!)

Its probably just me getting kinda confused? ... it was five potential sites, is it now down to two, or three ? .... and does the two or three current potential options include the breeze block , or is that in addition?
is it a total of 2, 3 or 4 potential sites (inc breeze block) as things stand?

Its probably just me getting kinda confused? ... it was five potential sites, is it now down to two, or three ? .... and does the two or three current potential options include the breeze block , or is that in addition?
is it a total of 2, 3 or 4 potential sites (inc breeze block) as things stand?
I could be wrong but read it that there are 2 sites in as the Kassam.
Really interesting comments from Manorlounger and it all kind of makes sense.

Have you seen what Thohir's background is and how much he is worth?
Yeah maybe I’m being overly pessimistic. A billionaire coming in and building a Brighton - or dare I say it Reading- type stadium that the county of Oxfordshire can be proud of seems far too much to hope for for a club with our off-field history. We shall see..

There appears to be two different plans at the moment.

The first one involves Tiger looking to keep the club ticking over, building some stability with the training ground, investing enough to keep us safe (some of which was badly spent), and trying to develop our youth set up. This is a perfectly reasonable position to take but no one that gets the heart racing.

The second involves Erick et al developing a stadium with leisure facilities etc in order to further develop the club, or walk away with a huge profit. This potentially is very exciting but also worrying as we are taken on yet another journey.

My gut feeling is that plan A will eventually be replaced with plan B once the money and plans are in place and we'll hear more in the summer.

There appears to be two different plans at the moment.

The first one involves Tiger looking to keep the club ticking over, building some stability with the training ground, investing enough to keep us safe (some of which was badly spent), and trying to develop our youth set up. This is a perfectly reasonable position to take but no one that gets the heart racing.

The second involves Erick et al developing a stadium with leisure facilities etc in order to further develop the club, or walk away with a huge profit. This potentially is very exciting but also worrying as we are taken on yet another journey.

My gut feeling is that plan A will eventually be replaced with plan B once the money and plans are in place and we'll hear more in the summer.
Could be sooner if Erick reveals his hand after his political obligations are completed? That’s the next potentially interesting milestone I guess.

Interesting, thanks for posting.

Looking at the plan it seems to me that the land between the North Oxford BMW? Garage and the
Pear Tree roundabout is the most likely possibility.

I see a new link road is also being proposed behind that piece of land between the A40 & A44 to help with traffic congestion. The Water Eaton Oxford Parkway railway station is not too far away either so that would be useful too.

I’ll believe when I see it, but you never know.

Didn’t Charlie have the area earmarked?

Could be sooner if Erick reveals his hand after his political obligations are completed? That’s the next potentially interesting milestone I guess.

I heard today that no one even knows whether Erik will even get involved!

I always thought it was Farmer Giles field at Water Eaton which was Charlie’s ticket to a new stadium.

This piece of land is Pear Tree, not Water Eaton.

Just thought it was in that area? Isn’t Pear Tree near Water Eaton?

Last edited:
I have a suspicion today’s episode could be a very subtle (not) way of letting the club know that the Kassam isn’t really an option. I wish people like Jerome Sale would stop saying that the club has been a tenant since 2006. We have in fact been a tenant since 2001 hence a 25 year lease running out in 7 years. I suspect under Kassam when he owned both the club were paying plenty to play in the stadium after both sides of any agreement in 2001 would’ve been signed by him/ people who work for him. We were only ever a pawn used in his money making games.

If you really want to know details ring Kemp & Kemp in Abingdon and ask to speak to the guy who is handling the job - at £200 per hour!

Keepmoat stadium 20 million 15,000?
Doncaster on bbc now

Wasn't NMcW talking about some sort of 'Community Stadium'? You'd think that might mean the club hope they would be partnering with the council to put many of their leisure facilities in one place (and incidentally leaving land currently used free for development).

Back
Top Bottom