The five sites...

After today's display do we really care about this topic? The club have appointed one of the most successful (& most expensive) Planning Consultants in the south of England to handle this matter. They will run up fees into many thousands in a heartbeat - certainly in excess of what we can spend on player acquisitions. So is this really sensible when we are nosediving into League 2?

After today's display do we really care about this topic? The club have appointed one of the most successful (& most expensive) Planning Consultants in the south of England to handle this matter. They will run up fees into many thousands in a heartbeat - certainly in excess of what we can spend on player acquisitions. So is this really sensible when we are nosediving into League 2?

Decent contribution to this thread, Victor. Who are the agents?

You get what you pay for don't you?

This news does at least give me a glimmer of hope that we do actually have owners who give a fraction of a s**t, or at least have some sort of long term plan.

I therefore still live in hope that they will carry out the necessary actions to rectify the dogs dinner of a mess on the pitch.

Trust me.....It WILL become The Bicester Village international stadium. J9 M40. Direct links to London/Bicester Village international airport, The E/W rail link and, the new Bicester Village Expressway.

This will ensure that all the land between the M40 and Launton will finally be concreted over. None of that awful greenery left, thank goodness.

Allegedly.

The land next to the ice rink was offered to the club when Kassam was offered by the City Council when Grenoble Road remained half built. Kassam turnred the offer down because he needed planning permission on his leisure centre to finance the stadium construction. Obviously the land would be far more expensive than any of the other options but by the same token. the potential investment oportunities in business surrounding the stadium would be greater. Personally I would be totally underwhelmed if we ended up with another bland out of town stadium, surrounded by the the usual mix of boring restaurant and retail chains that we have seen built up and down the country over the last twenty to thirty years.

Still think the ice rink would be the best location, imagine a fancy new stadium next to the westgate, on the thames, 5 min walk from the station. Would need serious financial backing for it though
Good location, but a horrible site to build on because of the ground conditions. That's why the ice rink is the design it is - to reduce the weight of the building's footprint on the soft ground.

Wherever it ends up, easy access before and after a game is essential.
This is probably Grenoble Roads ace card.

There are without any doubt, potential sites in and around Oxford. Whether they offer the potential in terms of investment with returns to the magnitude to match the ambitions of the mythical board of directors is debatable.
Whether the local authorities would allow the type of development required to provide a return is also up for debate.

All of the sites will have some very difficult architectural and physical hurdles to overcome. (many sites will be on or close to flood plains) Transport infrastructure will play a part as will community interaction. (one of the selling points raised under the OxVox plan for Grenoble Road)

One thing I'm certain of, Grenoble Road is not something worth developing for our current owners. Where is the return on building a better stadium with no income to be derived from that build?

There are without any doubt, potential sites in and around Oxford. Whether they offer the potential in terms of investment with returns to the magnitude to match the ambitions of the mythical board of directors is debatable.
Whether the local authorities would allow the type of development required to provide a return is also up for debate.

All of the sites will have some very difficult architectural and physical hurdles to overcome. (many sites will be on or close to flood plains) Transport infrastructure will play a part as will community interaction. (one of the selling points raised under the OxVox plan for Grenoble Road)

One thing I'm certain of, Grenoble Road is not something worth developing for our current owners. Where is the return on building a better stadium with no income to be derived from that build?
I’m not sure you can be so bold in the prediction in your last paragraph.
If the owners did change/update the existing deal and framework around the stadium, then there might be more available income to be earned with a restructured deal.

I’m not sure you can be so bold in the prediction in your last paragraph.
If the owners did change/update the existing deal and framework around the stadium, then there might be more available income to be earned with a restructured deal.
But why would FK accept a reduction in the rental terms - if that’s what you meant? What would be in it for him? That’s a genuine question as I think Grenoble Road is the only realistic option for the club.
His last quote to the media in any sort of relation to OUFC was ‘they should just pay me my money’ or words to that effect if I recall correctly. Hardly the words of someone in the mood to be charitable.

Back
Top Bottom