The five sites...

When will the dreamers finally wake up?

NOBODY is going to buy the Grenoble road stadium from FK. There is no possible financial gain from owning a piece of decaying concrete. Its value is in its potential as housing or as redevelopment as more retail/entertainment/leisure facility.

If, Thohir is coming in to invest, then it will be as a major land asset with major development. Why would FK even contemplate selling any part of Grenoble Road for less than he could realise himself by waiting? What gain would there be in developing the existing stadium? You would have to knock it all down and start again, and even then ask why?

I would think that the next few months will prove whether a new stadium or rebuild of the kassam will ever happen.

That's the point I made. The reason Kassam is possibly getting jittery is that we may finally have someone on board who could have the money and knowhow to build a stadium elsewhere but with a lease agreement that will allow us to stay at the Kassam whilst it's built. In the meantime, more land could be freed up for housing meaning that Kassam might miss the boat on any lucrative housing deals. It's possible that we could redevelop the Kassam with the opportunity to increase revenue across the site, but this would only happen if Kassam saw this to cash out - something he's been reluctant to do to date, but you never know!

I might be being a little bit slow here but why is everybody so convinced that Kassam wants to knock everything down for housing?

As things stand, he makes the money he takes from the football club, anything else he can make from conferences etc plus all rents/income etc from all the leisure and retail outlets and hotels, for next to no outlay.

Is he really desperate to end all that?

I might be being a little bit slow here but why is everybody so convinced that Kassam wants to knock everything down for housing?

As things stand, he makes the money he takes from the football club, anything else he can make from conferences etc plus all rents/income etc from all the leisure and retail outlets and hotels, for next to no outlay.

Is he really desperate to end all that?

What if the football club moves?

Can it while it’s tied into a lease? Im not sure of all the legal implications.
They could leave at any time but, will still have to pay off the lease.

How the club let themselves be suckered into this deal is beyond me.

The sockless wonder didn't do due diligence when buying the stadium????
Mmm and Lenagan who was the money man and successful businessman.
No way would he gave allowed Nerry to sign a lease on his behalf. If he did he made a huge mistake

Ok Merry.
The point stands.
Lenagan was the one who funded it all. It is easy to blame Merry for it all , but Lenagan was a Director and it was mainly his investment.
I would be amazed if he wasnt heavily involved in signing the lease (and if he wasnt he should have been)

He was to busy with the Woodstock mayoral elections to pay attention, a good lesson to be learned from that.

He was to busy with the Woodstock mayoral elections to pay attention, a good lesson to be learned from that.
Mmm.
Of course he was.
No decent businessman (and Lenegan was/is) let's somebody sign such an important contract on his behalf without being aware if what is in it.

While im not expecting any announcements re stadium whether it be the breezeblock or pastures new, in the very near future.... with the apparent arrival of erick thorhir in the next few days, there could well be some behind the scenes movement regarding the stadium situation..... heres hoping the owner and full board improve their so far unsatisfactory approach to communicating with the fanbase.
If kr can turn things round on the pitch, why not tiger n co doing similar with off pitch matters too?
Not too much to hope for is it?

In a couple of weeks time, when the dust settles on another season on the pitch, the focus will very much turn to activities off the field and the actions of out illustrious owners. I hope they’re prepared for it and don’t just disappear behind the parapets

Back
Top Bottom