The five sites...

Just watching Doncaster v Palace on TV, nice stadium by the look of it the Keepmoat. 99 year lease form the council apparently

I'd say the 2-3 sites in order Are
The IceRink/Oxpens
Water Eaton or thereabouts
Redevelop the current stadi
( Wrote stadi deliberately as current aren no ye complet )

Until I see any real evidence I don’t think there is any realistic plan to relocate. Tiger attempted a bit of gamesmanship with FK, thinking he could force him into a more favourable rental agreement. FK has wiped the floor with him, as he’s done with every other Oxford United owner who’s come along before him.

Until I see any real evidence I don’t think there is any realistic plan to relocate. Tiger attempted a bit of gamesmanship with FK, thinking he could force him into a more favourable rental agreement. FK has wiped the floor with him, as he’s done with every other Oxford United owner who’s come along before him.

Quite, and by doing so, and by not paying his bills Thanakarnjanasuth helps fuel a toxic atmosphere between the Ultras, the Safety Officer and Stadco. Which in turn results in the Ultras jacking it in after 10 years, the resignation of the Safety Officer and the club being issued with yet another winding up order.

Exactly. We’re not going to re-locate in the foreseeable future. It’s a bluff.

I think that very unlikely.
It isn't difficult to work out that Kassam will make far more money if we get a new ground and Kassam sells for housing.
Based on that he would love us out of there. When Oxvox were involved in discussions there was even talk of Kassam paying the club to leave.

I think that very unlikely.
It isn't difficult to work out that Kassam will make far more money if we get a new ground and Kassam sells for housing.
Based on that he would love us out of there. When Oxvox were involved in discussions there was even talk of Kassam paying the club to leave.
But that could all fit in with the point I was trying to make. I think Tigers preferred (maybe only real?) option is a long term future at Grenoble Rd under a more favourable financial agreement but FK isn’t interested and maybe he wants to bring all this pussyfooting around to an end. ‘Shape up or ship out’? I don’t know, that explanation could possibly explain the shenanigans going on at our club. Nothing makes much sense anymore..

Not sure if this has been picked up on elsewhere? I can’t even begin to work out the implications - if any - on any stadium/land deals involving FK and the club etc. I’ll leave that to the more intelligent folk with a greater grasp of what the hell might be going on!

Been talking about building there for years, there are boards protesting against it as you approach Grenoble Road from Tesco’s roundabout way, but I think the decision has been made to build there.

Would it really effect the football much though? We are only there for a few hours 26 times a year, plenty of other grounds are in even more built up areas.

Just means Kassam can put the rent up on the leisure facilities I suppose, with a bigger customer base on the doorstep.

Logical location for a large development.
If it gets the go ahead, it could tie in with the end of lease date at the Kassam .

Logical location for a large development.
If it gets the go ahead, it could tie in with the end of lease date at the Kassam .
And that in turn would tie in with freeing up the land for development. There would need to be more shops, doctors/dentists surgeries etc and with the likelihood of the sewage works going, more potential for developing the Priory into a going concern with restaurant/pub and garden.

With some careful lobbying it ought to be possible to gain favour for OUFC to build a new stadium complex on the other green belt area as part of the Northern Gateway project.
I would hope that OCC has learnt its lesson in dealing with FK and would freeze him out of any further developments.

more potential for developing the Priory into a going concern with restaurant/pub
From what I read that isn't possible as it is a listed building, the kitchen isn't big enough so it doesn't really work.
After Kassams treatment of it I would expect that the cost to get it back to scratch would be prohibitive.

From what I read that isn't possible as it is a listed building, the kitchen isn't big enough so it doesn't really work.
After Kassams treatment of it I would expect that the cost to get it back to scratch would be prohibitive.
The existing building is not fit for purpose, agreed. The renovation or restoration costs will have to be met as it is, as stated, a listed building. However, I would speculate that there could be a way of building adjacent to the original and using covered connections to extend the present layout sufficiently to provide an attractive and functional concept. (something similar to the old prison)
Without some form of investment I can see both FK and OCC neglecting their obligations and waiting for the whole thing to collapse and be swept away under the guise of health & safety.

Why don’t they look at a ground share with oxford city or Thame or Witney ect, some team with land we that we can buy 50% and expand, if we went to Thame with capacity of 6000??? And build one stand at a time with corners to max the capacity use temp stands if needed for a bit, then in two or 3 seasons you would look at doubling capacity, you could carry on if needed, that way two clubs share the expense with the lower league club getting a pot of cash for the investment, no more renting bye bye Dick Turpin ( hold on he had a mask)

Back
Top Bottom