The five sites...

Buy it, finish it then wait while the surrounding area grows.
Much like the Manor....eventually it will become "un-viable" and we go through it all again.....

Ok Merry.
The point stands.
Lenagan was the one who funded it all. It is easy to blame Merry for it all , but Lenagan was a Director and it was mainly his investment.
I would be amazed if he wasnt heavily involved in signing the lease (and if he wasnt he should have been)

It wasn’t a lease that was signed. It was a LICENCE. The lowest form of land agreement. I bet Kassam couldn’t believe his luck when the deal was done.

Merry was a con man and he legged over Lenagan back in 2006.

Who should have known better.

Nb: Merry entered into an IVA many years ago promising repayment to all his creditors. It was a disaster. No one got paid; not even the insolvency practitioner involved.

It wasn’t a lease that was signed. It was a LICENCE. The lowest form of land agreement. I bet Kassam couldn’t believe his luck when the deal was done.

Nb: Merry entered into an IVA many years ago promising repayment to all his creditors. It was a disaster. No one got paid; not even the insolvency practitioner involved.
How long does the licence last and when was it signed.

There are 6 seasons left at the end of this one. It has a 25-year term and I believe it has an option, in our favour, for another term of the same length.

Yes sorry a licence and the one IL/NM signed was far worse than you would expect from a regular lease.

There are 6 seasons left at the end of this one. It has a 25-year term and I believe it has an option, in our favour, for another term of the same length.
This is something I question as who signed the licence. If signed in 2001 it has nothing to do with NM/IL, the mistake they made was not buying club and ground together as unfortunately they just bought a club that came with an existing crap agreement.

It’s really striking how similar Merry’s words are to Tigers recent statements. It’s clear that nothing changes, people who have to deal with FK think that progress is being made but history tells us that in reality none of them have come close to having any sort of relationship with him. As soon as FK senses any sort of financial weakness, it seems from what the various club owners say, that there’s no leniency or compromise shown.

It’s really striking how similar Merry’s words are to Tigers recent statements. It’s clear that nothing changes, people who have to deal with FK think that progress is being made but history tells us that in reality none of them have come close to having any sort of relationship with him. As soon as FK senses any sort of financial weakness, it seems from what the various club owners say, that there’s no leniency or compromise shown.
So when owners past and present default on payments, FK threatens action, both merry and tiger form has been less than inspiring.

This is something I question as who signed the licence. If signed in 2001 it has nothing to do with NM/IL, the mistake they made was not buying club and ground together as unfortunately they just bought a club that came with an existing crap agreement.
Maybe cudnt fund it. Maybe FK didnt want to sell it.

The consultants supposedly "looking at" the 5 sites reported to the Board meeting on Saturday morning & sat next to us at the game. Tight lipped about what went down but surely we should hear something shortly?

The consultants supposedly "looking at" the 5 sites reported to the Board meeting on Saturday morning & sat next to us at the game. Tight lipped about what went down but surely we should hear something shortly?
I’m getting a distinct feeling this is going to be a memorable summer....

I thought the board meeting was Saturday evening, after the game?

I thought the board meeting was Saturday evening, after the game?

It was!

As a fly on the wall. I heard that there are plans to build a 27,500 all seater stadium with a retractable roof. Included would be a retail park including a Wetherspoons, and Singha Beer ? straight from the tap. Thai Airways will be a major contributor yet again offering even more prizes, and Holidays!

KR will be given £12 million to spend in the summer transfer window, and another £12 million in January. We will be in the championship end of next season!

We can dream eh.

First game in our new home against Reading plastics and we will win 5-0. We will never play Scum again in the league, maybe the odd time in the Fa cup or League cup. Forever In our shadow (wankers)

Lovely dream that. Must stay off the sauce!

This is something I've never understood either. Has the lease/licence ending in 2026 actually been publicly confirmed by Kassam?
As much of a charlatan NM turned out to be, I do wonder where the club would now be had he not purchased it from Kassam, regardless of whatever deal was signed.
It's highly possible FK would have continued to run the club into the ground and could have quite easily let us slip to the depths of National League South or lower, maybe let it go altogether.
As bad as the deal NM signed, it may have also been the only one on the table, particularly if Kassam envisaged a future where we would have to leave the stadium and free it up for houses etc

The presentation of findings on the 5 sites was in the morning warksox - believe me. There was a brief meeting after the match before Tiger jumped into his Mercedes with two other directors & sped off! interesting times eh?

Back
Top Bottom