The Diary Room

Nope, we are primarily testing inpatients at the moment.
They are also testing symptomatic people that have other health issues, I`m lucky I don`t.
The reality is there tens, possibly hundreds of thousands of infected people out there.
They are/will infect others because they can`t do the simple things.... like stay at home!
That will cause a tidal wave for the NHS of very poorly folk, that is what we are preparing for.

I done all my transactions through NHS111 online from when the symptoms started through to the self isolation certificate. Great service.

I will probably get tested for the antibodies at a later date, just glad I`m through whatever it was. First time off "sick" in 14 years. ?

Stay well, stay safe, stay at home!

For you know that the testing of your faith produces steadfastness. And let steadfastness have its full effect, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing.

James 1:3-4

1584957318147.png

Screwfix, £16.69

Me and Mrs ZtH just mended the fence in the back garden. We lost two panels and a post when it was windy a few weeks ago. My better half found a used metpost discarded in the bin at the allotments, so I whacked that in to the remaining concrete base, sawed the rotten bit off the bottom of the post and put that up. The panels were a bit on the dodgy side, but due to the fact we tend to keep stuff that 'might come in handy someday', we had plenty of bits of wood to use for some make do and mend. A bit of left over fence paint, a bit of hammering and the job's a good'un.

Might as well use the time constructively and god knows when we'd have been able to get someone to come and fix it all. Probably saved £150 or so as well.

Boring without any football isn't it!

Last night's fun...

One of my other passions (apart from OUFC) is music and one of the things I do is to help run a local ukulele group. 20-25 of us meet in a pub every Wednesday night and make what might loosely be described as music! Obviously we couldn't do that last night so we set up a 'Zoom' meeting. You can't all play simultaneously as the lag is too big and varied, so we all had video on all the time and audio between the tunes so we could chat - but when we played a song just one person was un-muted and each person played along with that one person. It's not the same as being in the pub (although a large proportion of us had a glass of something handy!) but the social contact was great and there was much laughter - sorely needed. We will do it next week and every week until this shitshow is over.

If anyone plays the uke and wants to join in next week, just message me.

Last night's fun...

One of my other passions (apart from OUFC) is music and one of the things I do is to help run a local ukulele group. 20-25 of us meet in a pub every Wednesday night and make what might loosely be described as music! Obviously we couldn't do that last night so we set up a 'Zoom' meeting. You can't all play simultaneously as the lag is too big and varied, so we all had video on all the time and audio between the tunes so we could chat - but when we played a song just one person was un-muted and each person played along with that one person. It's not the same as being in the pub (although a large proportion of us had a glass of something handy!) but the social contact was great and there was much laughter - sorely needed. We will do it next week and every week until this shitshow is over.

If anyone plays the uke and wants to join in next week, just message me.
Which pub do you meet in?

The Kings Arms, Bedford. I am a not toooo distant exile!
I've noticed quite a few ukelele groups around recently, reason I asked as there is a group which regularly meets in the Cross Keys in Thame. Good that the technology is sort of helping you all meet still.

I've noticed quite a few ukelele groups around recently, reason I asked as there is a group which regularly meets in the Cross Keys in Thame. Good that the technology is sort of helping you all meet still.
Yes, there are a lot of groups all over the place. It's been popular (this time around) for five or six years - and it's a good excuse for a pub visit in the middle of the week! The tech isn't really that good yet, but it's just about good enough to make the effort worthwhile.

Back
Top Bottom