The cornflake and the cheese boy

Gary Baldi

Well. that was a surprise to wake up to. I thought Trump and Kim would end up in a urinating war over button sizes and would walk away, but I'm surprised that something happened and was signed. It's a big step for the Korean peninsula in stopping the war.

The devil is in the detail, but even so, a small step to peace...

The document has been signed to :-
Build a Trump Hotel.
Allow Trump trademarks.
Create sweatshops for Ivanka.

This was nothing more than a photo op and an attempt by Trump to put the Mueller investigation in the shade.

If it denuclearises the Korean peninsula, I'm happy.

I don't for one minute believe it's all good or Trump won't have a hissy or 10 along the way - but I am at glad that something seems to have happened.

It won't lead to denuclearisation unfortunately. The N Koreans now have a nuclear capability and that is why they are willing to talk - it's from a position of strength. The Trump-buffoon is happier dealing with dictators like Kim than trying to negotiate with democratically elected and accountable leader like those in Europe. I agree with Grumpy Git - a photo opportunity for two egos the size of a small moon to show how important they are while bolstering their positions at home.

It’s pure Machiavellianism from Trump.

Push the US and the rest of the world to the brink of war (or at least have everyone thinking that way) and then haul it all back in again and receive the plaudits as the peace broker.

And you know full well he’ll boast about it to his yes men – ‘I was the first US president to meet a North Korean leader’, ‘I brokered this peace’ etc.

It won't lead to denuclearisation unfortunately. The N Koreans now have a nuclear capability and that is why they are willing to talk - it's from a position of strength. The Trump-buffoon is happier dealing with dictators like Kim than trying to negotiate with democratically elected and accountable leader like those in Europe. I agree with Grumpy Git - a photo opportunity for two egos the size of a small moon to show how important they are while bolstering their positions at home.
Trump is most definitely doing this now because of the elections in November. It is an expedient time for this to happen to get his base out to vote. For all of the posturing, NK is not a nice place to live with the ever increasing sanctions placed on them and the US Navy/others being more aggressive about ships disappearing into NK to give them oil. They are under a more extreme of the squeeze that Russia are under.

The nuclear weapons piece is where the détente changed. Even China are nervous of what they will do if they have them, so the game has changed in the last year. Japan are getting more involved and the leader of SK changed recently to be less confrontational. Circumstances are right for something.

Let's see. Can it be any worse than it has been?

Well. that was a surprise to wake up to. I thought Trump and Kim would end up in a urinating war over button sizes and would walk away, but I'm surprised that something happened and was signed. It's a big step for the Korean peninsula in stopping the war.

The devil is in the detail, but even so, a small step to peace...

Unfortunate use of the words “Trump” and “urinating” in the OP.

I can't help but feel it's Russia that has brought both parties together. They're close with North Korea, and told them if they play ball now, they'll get a good deal out of it. There's no commitments in this deal that are measurable or verifiable.

It's the only (unresolved) conspiracy theory I've ever really given credence to. Trump has started collapsing all existing relationships with G7 (and asked for Russia to be re-admitted), not assisted in the ongoing collusion investigation, and now is suddenly being able to forge close ties with countries that have been previously hostile to the US but close with Russia.

I can't help but feel it's Russia that has brought both parties together. They're close with North Korea, and told them if they play ball now, they'll get a good deal out of it. There's no commitments in this deal that are measurable or verifiable.

It's the only (unresolved) conspiracy theory I've ever really given credence to. Trump has started collapsing all existing relationships with G7 (and asked for Russia to be re-admitted), not assisted in the ongoing collusion investigation, and now is suddenly being able to forge close ties with countries that have been previously hostile to the US but close with Russia.

China rather than Russia, I’d suggest.

History often has a habit of repeating

Didn't British prime minister Neville Chamberlain come back from an international meeting with a piece of paper , an agreement signed by Hitler, guaranteeing that Germany had no more territorial demands ? That was pre world war 2 and the invasion of Poland! ....Dictators and despots 'word' often isn't worth the paper it's written on !:unsure:

And he might get a new hotel out of it.
He did comment about the lovely beaches in NK and Condos.

As an aside. Considering all of the kerfuffle about Trump's health, he didn't do badly for a 72 year old pensioner with all the time zone changes and whatnot.

He, Trump, is scheduled to dine at Blenheim palace July 12th on his visit here....... wonder if former pm call me Dave is arranging a hook up with the stadium landlord so they can both talk hotels?:unsure:

Tvp will inevitably be ramping up the amount of mobile speed cameras to pay all the overtime required to over police his (trump) visit to the shire:eek: