The clear out has started

Am I missing something here? Don't teams usually release the retained list at the end of the season? There is still one more match to play. Released players like Thomas and Mehmeti are hardly going to give 100% if picked on Saturday. So that only leaves Obika as a forward for the Blackburn match. Maybe they weren't in contention anyway and Robinson intends to include Hall from the start? But still think it wiser to release the list next week. It's hardly going to affect our present budget.

Am I missing something here? Don't teams usually release the retained list at the end of the season? There is still one more match to play. Released players like Thomas and Mehmeti are hardly going to give 100% if picked on Saturday. So that only leaves Obika as a forward for the Blackburn match. Maybe they weren't in contention anyway and Robinson intends to include Hall from the start? But still think it wiser to release the list next week. It's hardly going to affect our present budget.

I’d say that Mehmeti won’t be in the squad, but I think if Thomas is picked that he’d still put a shift in, just think he’s that type of professional and will want to try and impress any potential takers. Having said that I don’t think he’ll play either.

All the released players will want to show they still have something to offer. Thomas might well sign off with a goal to a cheer from the away end

Somehow I just can't see too many scouts heading to Ewood Park hoping to sign the likes of Thomas and Mehmeti.

Somehow I just can't see too many scouts heading to Ewood Park hoping to sign the likes of Thomas and Mehmeti.

Maybe but scouts will be there to look at some of the Blackburn players and probably one or two of our obvious candidates.

Maybe but scouts will be there to look at some of the Blackburn players and probably one or two of our obvious candidates.
Would have thought that said 8 have a head start on rivals as contracts were ending in any case and it assures our targets we have room in the salary closet so to speak. Players in contract like Lego and Nelson.. then the right offer has to be on the table as a starting point obviously.

Back
Top Bottom