• ****Join the YF Fantasy EFL League: HERE. ****

General The Championship - What to Expect

Is there something we haven't been told? Just put tv on and we are not in the EFL trophy draw. Do we start in the next round now we are in The Championship?

Is there something we haven't been told? Just put tv on and we are not in the EFL trophy draw. Do we start in the next round now we are in The Championship?
Are you getting confused with the EFL Cup? We start in the first round of that still, but we're not in the Trophy, which is the one with U21 teams.

Perhaps a few clubs have looked at the money spent by the likes of Sunderland and how long that took to recover. Some will never learn and will spend silly wages on players who 4 or 5 months later are on the bench or injured and instead of being an asset become a burden.

It will be interesting to see how Plymouth get on.
If I was a Plymouth fan I would be fuming Rooney is still working for BBC in Germany, surely he should back in Plymouth on site.
I guess this is a very busy week in the start of many transfers and an agent/player may not be very impressed if he can't see the manager face to face.
Surely a manager should be fully focused on any potential player transfer, in or out of the club. Last night for evening KO at Euros, I guess Rooney was not available to take any calls from say 6.00pm. His mind would be on the Euros not Plymouth.
If players are due back in training/medicals etc on site next week, surely the manager should be planning for that, talking to his fellow coaches, discussing what tests the medical team are planning on doing, generally coordinating the plans and timetable etc, etc.

If I was a Plymouth fan I would be fuming Rooney is still working for BBC in Germany, surely he should back in Plymouth on site.
I guess this is a very busy week in the start of many transfers and an agent/player may not be very impressed if he can't see the manager face to face.
Surely a manager should be fully focused on any potential player transfer, in or out of the club. Last night for evening KO at Euros, I guess Rooney was not available to take any calls from say 6.00pm. His mind would be on the Euros not Plymouth.
If players are due back in training/medicals etc on site next week, surely the manager should be planning for that, talking to his fellow coaches, discussing what tests the medical team are planning on doing, generally coordinating the plans and timetable etc, etc.
I know Danny Rohl was there as an ITV pundit, and has now left them to head home for pre-season preparation at Sheff Weds.

Au contraire.

If Yellowsforum in the Summer of '22 taught me anything, it's that managers are actually entitled to f*ck about on the continent rather than squad build through June and July, especially in the year of a major tournament (the quality transfers will trickle down later anyway).

Just have to hope that Rooney has a hotline to the Internazionale reserves...

With Murphy gone, our odds on relegation must have hardened, we know we will be the underdogs in every game, but we can be the Crazy Gang of the Championship, nothing to lose, let's go get 'em.

With Murphy gone, our odds on relegation must have hardened, we know we will be the underdogs in every game, but we can be the Crazy Gang of the Championship, nothing to lose, let's go get 'em.

When Murphy was here we were all of those things though, he flopped his last couple of seasons in the championship, I don't think the division was quaking in fear.

Just seen a computer prediction, that we’ll finish bottom.
Think we’ll surprise a few, but it will be tough.

Just seen a computer prediction, that we’ll finish bottom.
Think we’ll surprise a few, but it will be tough.
I saw one too. Probably the same one that had Leeds finishing top. Strange seeing as transfer business is at a very low level everywhere. There are International games all over the place at the moment and Olympics to follow so everybody is waiting for players to come through unscathed, rested and ready to be used or moved on. Leeds are supposedly under pressure to sell and if Crysencio Summerville moves on that leaves a big hole in their attack. So yeah Leeds will finish top and with us bottom will be the most common predictions this season but as it stands with the business done so far we are more than capable of finishing above 6 or 7 of the teams we will face next season.

I saw one too. Probably the same one that had Leeds finishing top. Strange seeing as transfer business is at a very low level everywhere. There are International games all over the place at the moment and Olympics to follow so everybody is waiting for players to come through unscathed, rested and ready to be used or moved on. Leeds are supposedly under pressure to sell and if Crysencio Summerville moves on that leaves a big hole in their attack. So yeah Leeds will finish top and with us bottom will be the most common predictions this season but as it stands with the business done so far we are more than capable of finishing above 6 or 7 of the teams we will face next season.
The one I saw was Burnley top
Us bottom and Blackburn and Cardiff to go down as well

I believe the Championship is a tougher proposition now than the last time we were there. Existing clubs have been massively boosted by Sky money and parachute payments so we are at a disadvantage financially to start off. Realistically Des will have a real job and will have to prove his credentials, and make more good signings to avoid relegation. I'm not saying it's impossible but I'm realistic about it and hoping we can upset the odds.

Au contraire.

If Yellowsforum in the Summer of '22 taught me anything, it's that managers are actually entitled to f*ck about on the continent rather than squad build through June and July, especially in the year of a major tournament (the quality transfers will trickle down later anyway).

Just have to hope that Rooney has a hotline to the Internazionale reserves...
He did say last night he was flying back but it amuses me how both him and Lampard are both on the Beeb having a "I know what I'm talking about" football manager moment😂

The one I saw was Burnley top
Us bottom and Blackburn and Cardiff to go down as well
Aah yes it was Burnley top. Sorry.
I find it hard to believe Sheff Weds and Bristol City will finish that high. Maybe once the transfer window is fully in swing we could have a thread on here with our predictions and include others from Internet or other fans groups. Blackburn are probably in that area because without Szmodics they might struggle for goals. It's amazing what money, a good keeper or a prolific striker can do but neither Luton or Ipswich had these in recent seasons.

Back
Top Bottom