National News The Budget 2020

They realised for many reasons, now is the time to spend, spend, spend, in Tory terms. A house of cards they are building though

what tax has gone (up) on onto the usuals .... fuel, tobacco etc?

Duties frozen -no increase

Blimey! .... I was expecting huge increases on tax/duties on stuff like fuel, tobacco & maybe alcohol too

wheres the government 'finding'/ raising all the £ to pay for their giveaways?

Looks like Theresa was hiding the magic money tree all along.

As per all budget statements, the devil will also be in the detail to follow (you know, the bit about where the money is coming from and just how new some of that spending is and just how committed they are to some of those "promises").

I hope they are good to their word. Just like Brexit, they now need to own this and deliver the outcome they promised.........

Looks like Theresa was hiding the magic money tree all along.

As per all budget statements, the devil will also be in the detail to follow (you know, the bit about where the money is coming from and just how new some of that spending is and just how committed they are to some of those "promises").

I hope they are good to their word. Just like Brexit, they now need to own this and deliver the outcome they promised.........

she took it home to Maidenhead when she was ousted stepped down as PM .... miraculously ALL the roads in n around Maidenhead town centre had the pot holes repaired almost literally overnight!

link (dated Sept 2019)

And rightly so.... should have been more. Nice even £1 a pack extra.

Still at least Covid will thin out the smokers with their defective & damaged respiratory systems. ? (y)
And where will all the duty/ tax raised from tobacco by the government be coming from when theyve 'gone' ?

Hell hath no fury like a reformed smoker........................... Mrs EY is one and now understands why I used to make her stand in the garden ! :)

Hell hath no fury like a reformed smoker........................... Mrs EY is one and now understands why I used to make her stand in the garden ! :)
Im still one of them smokers.... albeit have cut down loads of late, (slowly cutting em out)... and I 'self isolate' (to outside) when I have the need for a ciggy at home

Back
Top Bottom