General The boys from up the hill

Never seen the uni as anything to do with us to be honest.

Yeah, the way it's shaped the City and even the County is undeniable, but there's a real disconnect.

I guess it's not as stark here as Cambridge since Oxford has also been heavily shaped by industry.

Yeah, the way it's shaped the City and even the County is undeniable, but there's a real disconnect.

I guess it's not as stark here as Cambridge since Oxford has also been heavily shaped by industry.
If the club wants to move forward and have a more international profile it will have to embrace the uni and the city centre, which are what Oxford is known for - the 'world' isn't interested in Marston, Witney, Abingdon, etc.

there was a very brief period when there was an attempt to change the clubs nickname from the U's ( U for United in case anyone is wondering) to the dons, with a 'scholar sporting a mortar board and gown .... it didn't work, or thankfully, happen

if it ain't broke there is absolutely no need to fix it ..... nevermind rebrand it
Hons, Dons and MA Oxons

there was a very brief period when there was an attempt to change the clubs nickname from the U's ( U for United in case anyone is wondering) to the dons, with a 'scholar sporting a mortar board and gown .... it didn't work, or thankfully, happen

if it ain't broke there is absolutely no need to fix it ..... nevermind rebrand it
Thanks Sarge, people don't believe me when I say I once had Oxford United _ The Dons coasters back in the 70's, with a University Don on them, as you say thank god it didn't last

Thanks Sarge, people don't believe me when I say I once had Oxford United _ The Dons coasters back in the 70's, with a University Don on them, as you say thank god it didn't last
It’s really hard to believe the idea of the Oxford Dons will never come back .. confusion with the MK lot should save us though.

If the club wants to move forward and have a more international profile it will have to embrace the uni and the city centre, which are what Oxford is known for - the 'world' isn't interested in Marston, Witney, Abingdon, etc.

But they flocked to Kidlington a few years back.

But they flocked to Kidlington a few years back.

And Bicester Village is one of the top tourist attractions for Chinese visitors in the whole country (for some reason)...

Oxfordshire isn't just a University.

And Bicester Village is one of the top tourist attractions for Chinese visitors in the whole country (for some reason)...

Oxfordshire isn't just a University.

It also has a few lovely rivers and a magnificent White Horse, the best in the UK.

The area of Oxfordshire called 'The Vale of the White Horse' is named that for a reason.... (although, didn't it used to be Berkshire?)

The area of Oxfordshire called 'The Vale of the White Horse' is named that for a reason.... (although, didn't it used to be Berkshire?)

Yes, heroically annexed in 1974 along with parts of what is now South Oxfordshire DC.

Back
Top Bottom