General The boys from up the hill

Do you think the club should make more use of our old nickname?

It's part of our history and really unusual
one of HUFC/ OUFC old nicknames to be exact ... but yep , I agree

Should be part of our folklore, it's important younger U's learn about the origins of the club.

Other fans hold their clubs history dear and it's passed down from generation to generation!
True, it’s better than “the boys from the former sewer works’!

Our nickname should be "the intellectuals", which would have the added bonus of annoying fans of every other team except maybe Cambridge and Hamilton.
there was a very brief period when there was an attempt to change the clubs nickname from the U's ( U for United in case anyone is wondering) to the dons, with a 'scholar sporting a mortar board and gown .... it didn't work, or thankfully, happen

if it ain't broke there is absolutely no need to fix it ..... nevermind rebrand it

there was a very brief period when there was an attempt to change the clubs nickname from the U's ( U for United in case anyone is wondering) to the dons, with a 'scholar sporting a mortar board and gown .... it didn't work, or thankfully, happen

if it ain't broke there is absolutely no need to fix it ..... nevermind rebrand it

I have always felt that trying to tie the club to the university as slightly betraying it's roots. The club is the part of the town and it's people.

I was joking about calling us the intellectuals, as many of our fans are certainly not that, werthers is living proof.

In all seriousness I've never used the "U's" myself, but changing nickname now would feel very contrived. As Sarge says if it ain't broke...

Would we also have had to move to Milton Keynes?

Back
Top Bottom