The board especially the foreign contingent and the chairman

Communication .... lack of proper communication from the owner, board and MD is at the heart of the sheer frustration, despair and desolation many OUFC supporters are feeling.... until the absentee owner and his cohorts on the board communicate (honestly), speculation borne out of ( uninformed) frustration will evidently manifest itself ... social media being one of the main outlets.... likewise here on YF ... with some OUFC supporters venting frustration, anger and disappointment with , among other things, the total lack of communication from the owner either directly or via OUFC official.... we were led to believe, or at least hope, when the full board was finally assembled, things would be moving on an upward trajectory for OUFC.... yet with this transfer window not bearing any real fruit, arguably our best player being allowed to leave for what (yep speculatively) appears to be a fee way under his value, a first team squad largely made up of youngsters with the new season commencing in less than a week, yet nothing of any substance information nor communication wise from the owner forthcoming during the close season, its hardly surprising that some OUFC supporters arent happy and are 'saying' so..... as things stand, all the positive soundbites rolled out by the owner so far during his tenure, do appear to have no substance whatsoever
Well said
The local media should be bombarding Tiger with phone calls demanding an explanation of what the Hell is going on.

Feels like Whyte is being sold just to sort out payments to DE quicker...
To cover the shortfall in debts overall I would guess, as presumably the other Board members have not been forthcoming with investing in the club and Tiger doesn’t have the funds on his own. I think this suggests its an even bigger problem, beyond simply selling the star player for half their valuation. I don’t know that for sure of course, it’s just my opinion based on what seems to be apparent.

To cover the shortfall in debts overall I would guess, as presumably the other Board members have not been forthcoming with investing in the club and Tiger doesn’t have the funds on his own. I think this suggests its an even bigger problem, beyond simply selling the star player for half their valuation. I don’t know that for sure of course, it’s just my opinion based on what seems to be apparent.

Yeah, but if it’s to be believed we’ve put bids in for players in the region of £500k, and apparently still able to do that without selling Whyte, so your thoughts would make sense, but that’s if the bid bit is to be believed!

I guess a bid doesn’t constitute an actual payment!

I hope that the lies that have been fed to the fans and possibly onto KR unless he was lying about Whyte comes back and haunt them.

Why are they here? A new ground? Well that will take years so doubt it.
I know someone on here said they’re spending thousands on consultants to identify one of the 5 sites which must be outside of Oxford, but what’s the point if your playing non league football because the way things are and with today’s team that played the Moors more than likely our starting 11 this isn’t a side that could match other L1 sides..
Moaning? You’re damn right I am our club is be depleted by quality we need, I know everyone has a price but if you are serious about promotion then you do all you can to keep a majority together.
Robinson was asked what he wanted for this club? His reply was wingers, well we have a winger in Robbie Hall who unfortunately will not last the season, young Napa who will get bundled of the ball to much as he isn’t strong enough.....err I think that’s it but come to think of what t we won’t have a CF who can get on the end of their crosses.

Is it time for Tiger to sell and sell to someone who wants to achieve thing with this club and if he does he can take the free loaders with him.

Rant over.

One thing I don’t understand is why Tiger came in and almost on day one said he’s going to buy the stadium. “I’m meeting with Firoz in Monaco”. I remember him saying at a fans forum. Yet it’s all gone quiet? It’s not like Tiger wouldn’t have had a figure needed to buy the stadium. So either he meets Kassams asking price or Kassam is asking for too much. But at least let the fans know. Why is it we’re now apparently looking at new sites?
Good luck with that. It took OUFC from about 1970 to find the Grenoble rd site.

You know what gets my back up the most? Potential. What could have been.

This season does not look like the strongest league one. In fact I’d say the last few playoff spots this year are up for grabs to teams that might not otherwise be there. Great opportunity.
Would Whyte have been joining Cardiff today if the club had signed some real quality players this summer? I’m sure his head wouldn’t have been turned quite so easily if he thought we were going up this season. Would Nelson have gone? Would Dickie already be on a three year, cash in contact?
Would other even stronger players we have been rejected by have joined us if they felt we were potential promotion candidates?

It’s just such a mess right now.

You know what gets my back up the most? Potential. What could have been.

This season does not look like the strongest league one. In fact I’d say the last few playoff spots this year are up for grabs to teams that might not otherwise be there. Great opportunity.
Would Whyte have been joining Cardiff today if the club had signed some real quality players this summer? I’m sure his head wouldn’t have been turned quite so easily if he thought we were going up this season. Would Nelson have gone? Would Dickie already be on a three year, cash in contact?
Would other even stronger players we have been rejected by have joined us if they felt we were potential promotion candidates?

It’s just such a mess right now.

Would Nelson have gone? Yes, of course! He was offered a very good deal to sign last season and again at the end of the season. But he has doubled his wages and got a decent signing on fee too. He ran his contract down at Plymouth to get the same from us and sadly it was always likely he'd do the same with us.

Whyte has been offered a deal which is in the region of 3 times his wages with Oxford. He was very happy at Oxford and wasn't desperate to leave. It is only because the deal is too good to turn down that he's looking to grab it with both hands. If it wasn't for this offer he would be staying, regardless of who else we signed.

Dickie (and others) have been told that contact extension will be looked at once the window has closed (like Nelson last year). He may well sign, he may not, we'll have to see in a few months!

You then talk of potential and what could have been with a ball being kicked and with 4 or 5 more players still to come in. If we get Woodburn, the lad from Forest, an experienced striker and centre back and another midfielder/winger then we are looking f*cking strong!!

Hardly a mess at all?

At a guess there are few if any doctors contributing to yf.... no patience (patients) ;)

IF the owner n board were more open and communicative it would be a real help

Sign 3 or 4 players in the next few days and most of the frustration of recent times would fade away

In fairness, we could sign Messi, but there would still be fundamental issues at this club.

The playing side of things is a bit of a mess as it stands. Even if we have a few very good days, that won’t solve the issues with the leadership, communication and ambition of this board.

I am yet to see much to give me hope about our medium to long term future. Tiger and friends are currently the biggest issue at OUFC by far. I include the stadium problems in this.

Would Nelson have gone? Yes, of course! He was offered a very good deal to sign last season and again at the end of the season. But he has doubled his wages and got a decent signing on fee too. He ran his contract down at Plymouth to get the same from us and sadly it was always likely he'd do the same with us.

Whyte has been offered a deal which is in the region of 3 times his wages with Oxford. He was very happy at Oxford and wasn't desperate to leave. It is only because the deal is too good to turn down that he's looking to grab it with both hands. If it wasn't for this offer he would be staying, regardless of who else we signed.

Dickie (and others) have been told that contact extension will be looked at once the window has closed (like Nelson last year). He may well sign, he may not, we'll have to see in a few months!

You then talk of potential and what could have been with a ball being kicked and with 4 or 5 more players still to come in. If we get Woodburn, the lad from Forest, an experienced striker and centre back and another midfielder/winger then we are looking f*cking strong!!

Hardly a mess at all?
Gino.jpg

It seems to be the lot of football fans below the PL to be frustrated at not being in the division above the one they're currently in. However for us to get promoted we'd either need to punch dramatically above our weight or get a massive injection of cash. KR has a good a chance as any manager at this level of delivering the first, but those things don't happen that often. Tiger and the board don't have an obligation to put a ton more cash into the club, however much we want them to. If there was a billionaire wanting to buy the club and Tiger was holding out that would be different but until then ....

In fairness, we could sign Messi, but there would still be fundamental issues at this club.

The playing side of things is a bit of a mess as it stands. Even if we have a few very good days, that won’t solve the issues with the leadership, communication and ambition of this board.

I am yet to see much to give me hope about our medium to long term future. Tiger and friends are currently the biggest issue at OUFC by far. I include the stadium problems in this.

I agree and I really can’t see how fans seem to be blinkered to it

What a fantastic contribution, well done you!
People express their concerns, and you seem to disagree based on imaginary scenarios or very sketchy "ITK" knowledge which often turns out to be incorrect. On the face of it, we are in trouble with a threadbare squad with some tough opening fixtures. Ben Woodburn signing as a replacement for Whyte leaves us as we were. Currently our backroom staff also leaves a lot to be desired and our debt levels are through the roof. You can only judge based on what's in front of you, which right now is very little unfortunately.

Lets keep this simple. If anyone knows someone who could deal with the following please name them below.
1. Someone who can afford to lose 2 million plus a year and not worry about it.
2. someone who is infatuated with OUFC and willing to gamble another 20 to 30 million on a new ground/buy and do up our present home.

I suspect that this pointless thread will soon cease.

Back
Top Bottom