The Bleedin' obvious

I think Oxford United have done the right thing, in dumping Pep Clotet. Our worst ever home (or any) defeat, losing to a team that wouldn't score in a brothel, signing players that 1) We couldn't pronounce and hadn't heard of and 2) Coming from countries we hadn't heard of either! Losing Lunny, Maggie Maguire and that git who went to 'Boro didn't help, but signing Zippy, Bungle and Andy Pandy was always going to give us a nasty pain in the bum.
I suggest we grovel to Mr. Appleton to come back. After all, when he disappeared to Leicester, I bet he licked his lips when William Shakespeare was given the boot. It wasn't to be, because they obviously didn't think he was 'Premier League' enough. But he IS proven at this, and maybe, Championship level. I'm sure he knows we would kiss his a**e to get him back. Well, I would, anyway. Apparantly, Leeds fans are tweeting that they'd love Clotet to come back. Blimey.
It goes without saying, that we need to get rid of the failures at the club. Oops, I said it!

No chance I would have thought.

I expect that he is eyeing up the Leicester job when Puel goes or a Championship club if not.

Is Appleton really proven at this level? He had one season here with us, and the team never troubled the playoffs at any point.
I agree never bothered the play offs, interesting time for him to leave as well.

True, MA never got us into the play-offs, which maybe pisses on my 'proven at this level' description of him. But, I think you'll all agree, his coaching turned Roofe and O'Dowda into million pound players. Plus the other great signings he got us. Yes, we're all pissed off 'cos he went to Walkers crisp City. I forgive him! Just imagine how pissed off Arsenal fans must be with Sanchez. Anyway, I'd have MA back, without doubt.

Graham Westley Anyone?

At least the team would have adequate drinks breaks.....

?

Why would Appleton take a massive pay cut and a demotion. It's not going to happen no matter how much we beg

Why would Appleton take a massive pay cut and a demotion. It's not going to happen no matter how much we beg

Pay cut - undoubtedly? But a move from assistant manager to manager is generally always seen as a promotion, no..?

I liked a great deal about MApp - his integrity, the respect he commanded, most of all the fact that he learned lessons and improved. I would be pleased to see him back (and I agree it ain’t happening).

But the fact remains, although I think he was in the cusp of achieving with Oxford United - he still hasn’t achieved much in football yet, and he bailed on us the moment times got tough. He has unfinished business (but I wouldn’t bet on him to finish it).

Why on earth did he go then? And bearing in mind the fact that he did, why on earth would be reverse that decision?

It's a waste of time

Why on earth did he go then? And bearing in mind the fact that he did, why on earth would be reverse that decision?

It's a waste of time
Well quite. Your radio namesake was pouring cold water on the idea this evening too.

Pay cut - undoubtedly? But a move from assistant manager to manager is generally always seen as a promotion, no..?

I liked a great deal about MApp - his integrity, the respect he commanded, most of all the fact that he learned lessons and improved. I would be pleased to see him back (and I agree it ain’t happening).

But the fact remains, although I think he was in the cusp of achieving with Oxford United - he still hasn’t achieved much in football yet, and he bailed on us the moment times got tough. He has unfinished business (but I wouldn’t bet on him to finish it).

Who wouldn't want to go from working with Mahrez on a day to day basis to Van Kessel?! No brainer

Back
Top Bottom