2nd Test The Ashes - England v Australia @ Lords

I fancy that being the end of the play for today - just a shame we couldn't sneak out one more wicket.

What a difference it makes to the attack having someone of Archer's pace in the side. The bowling attack finally has some pace variation in it!
wouldve liked to have seen Leach bowling to Smith ... if the rain does let up at some point, maybe later

Agree re Archer, he has bowled pretty well, so far

pitch inspection set for 4.30pm .... in 15 mins time

play closed for the day ... looks very much like being a 3.5 day test match then

We really needed to bat better on that last day on the first test and get a draw. That way I'd be much more relaxed about the possibility of this game being a draw as well. As it is, it looks like we'll be going into the third test 1-0 down, never a great place to be as a defeat is pretty much game over...

one measly wicket so far today...and not the to get one either.... while them convicts have near doubled their score

Leach finally in the attack, maiden first over.... in his 2nd over, sandpaper Smith notches his 50

As in the last test, got into a decent position and then can't capitalise on it. I'm not sure why TBH - the English bowlers are certainly decent. Are they being instructed to bowl in a more 'defensive' way to more conservative fields?

As in the last test, got into a decent position and then can't capitalise on it. I'm not sure why TBH - the English bowlers are certainly decent. Are they being instructed to bowl in a more 'defensive' way to more conservative fields?
Bayliss ( a convict!) is past his sell by, way past his sell by - having a convict as selector etc for an ashes series, to me aint the best option.

Root - decent batsman on his day, but IMO a test, never mind Ashes test series, captain he certainly is not ! Fielding positions, use of bowlers, ...all too 'nice' n friendly for my liking, this is the ashes!

Broad to open the afternoon session... c'mon Broady, skittle 'em!

Archer catches an armguard less Smith , on the arm ... have some of that, sandpaper Smith!

That over from Archer was as hostile as I've seen from an England bowler in a long, long time. By the last ball, Smith looked really uncomfortable

Archer has worked Smith over so hard, he ducked into a bouncer and he's down hard o_O

This has been targeted and hostile from Archer.

Archer has worked Smith over so hard, he ducked into a bouncer and he's down hard o_O

This has been targeted and hostile from Archer.
And thats within the rules ... (unlike cheating!) ... proper hostile bowling, all above board,.... play em or get out the way Smith

couple more similar in this over Archer, Smith knows hes in a game now, capitalise while he's shaken up

I did like the fact Archer just stood there and walked away. That kid has bowled so well today.

But that was an absolutely brutal hit on the side of the neck/head and right for Smith to go off.

Back
Top Bottom