• Australia

Votes: 22 71.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 5 16.1%
  • England

Votes: 4 12.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Which 2 seriously think England will win ( I thought I was optimistic thinking draw) 🤔
I went for the England win purely based on the nothing to lose now the series is lost. But you’re right, it’s one mighty optometrist call.

Saw us win at Sydney in 2003 after being dreadful all tour, so there is always hope..,. Nope, I'm not convinced either

Thing is, in 2002-03, we had at least four batsman who were genuinely Test calibre players (Trescothick, Stewart, Nasser & Vaughn - who had the best series of his whole career that Ashes). The 5th best batsman in that team - Mark Butcher - would probably be the second best batsman in the current England side. Hell, I'd take Rob Key right about now!

Plus that 2002-03 Australia side is in the conversation for the best in the history of Test cricket.
Langer, Hayden, Ponting, Gilchrist, Warne, McGrath & Gillespie were all at, or close to their peak.....and they still had Steve Waugh.....

Just watching the SA v India 2nd Test and the poor state of English cricket is reflected in the fact that the three Indian bowlers batting 9 - 11 all made their best Test scores in 2021 against England.

Back
Top Bottom