Manager/Coach The Academy

• Thread starter Deleted member 462
  • Start date
Dan seems to be doing a good job and these weekly updates are really good reads. The 2 Sts James and Noel-Williams sound like great players for the future and i hope they follow the footsteps of Malachi Napa.

Maybe when/if safety is confirmed then could be worth putting some of the youth on the bench for experience like James, who i believe signed a pro contract this season so they get used to the professional scene earlier.

"As part of our commitment to raising the profile of the club here in Oxfordshire I am pleased to announce that, as an Academy we will be working much more closely with the OUFC Community programme over the coming months. The next few weeks will see us hosting both a Primary Schools Competition at the 1st Team training Ground and an Easter “Champions League style” tournament for sixteen local grassroots teams/Academies. We are committed to providing a pathway for the best local players to play for their local professional club and look forward to welcoming over 250 young players from the county as they compete under the Oxford United badge."

Sounds very promising!

https://www.oufc.co.uk/news/2018/march/five-scholars-offered-deals/

Very encouraging.

The bit that is also interesting is the part about a full u23 development squad and it appears Tiger's backing for this from the comments. I wonder if this will involve joining the u23 Professional Development league or use friendlies instead? Hopefully the former.

Weird I was just talking about this, saying I’d introduce an u23 side and make Chrissy Allen manager of it, giving game time to players like napa and Stevens and helping bring back injured players like hall to full match fitness.

They can't be doing that. It goes against the grain of the club being run down
cnn-fake-news2.jpg

Who said that Tiger is running the club down?
Do not conflate owners. In the few things I have seen happening, the poor chap is actually trying to make a start on re-vivfying the semi-conscious corpse he has been bequeathed.
To really sort the big, bad stuff that has gone wrong he is going to need some serious cash. But (the bizarre managerial situation excepted and leaving for the moment the disconcerting reluctance to answer basic questions), I am quite heartened that Tiger seems to understand that running a football club is not purely an exercise in self-glorification. Go Tiger!

Who said that Tiger is running the club down?
Do not conflate owners. In the few things I have seen happening, the poor chap is actually trying to make a start on re-vivfying the semi-conscious corpse he has been bequeathed.
To really sort the big, bad stuff that has gone wrong he is going to need some serious cash. But (the bizarre managerial situation excepted and leaving for the moment the disconcerting reluctance to answer basic questions), I am quite heartened that Tiger seems to understand that running a football club is not purely an exercise in self-glorification. Go Tiger!
How did I conflate the owners?

http://www.oxfordmail.co.uk/news/16...ent-made-x-factor-boot-camp-yet/?ref=mr&lp=19

Some excellent comments from Dan Harris about the Scholars offered pro deals in there such as:

“All they’re doing is taking the next step, but we believe they’ve got enough about them and they have demonstrated enough so far to play their way into the building for next year. Now the challenge is to show the new manager, when he comes in, that you deserve to be in his first team squad, then the starting XI, then the XI at the top of the league."

“If they start bowling around with Louis Vuitton wash bags under their arms and Gucci flip-flops they will be having a quiet word with me, because they’re a long way from being a real player. You’re a real player once you’ve played 50, 60, 70 games.”

Below is a paragraph taken from Dan Harris’ latest academy update. Sounds like very exciting times ahead!

“In closing, I would like to put on record my thanks to all at the club for their welcome and support over the last four months since my arrival. I know that change is not always easy and am very appreciative of the support I have received as we break new ground here in the Academy. Since January we have signed over 25 new players across the age-groups; appointed 6 new staff; held fixtures against 6 Premier League clubs; played in 2 Cup Finals; held 3 staff CPD events; offered 5 lads the chance to join our new U23’s; and set up a Twitter Feed! It is an exciting time to be associated with Oxford United and we’ll be unswerving in playing our part in building a bright future here at the club.”

Expect our scholars in a couple of years to be experts in swinging a forearm about ;)
and.... maybe mistaking the ladies for the gents?..... as Darren Purse once did in the 'players lounge' (top end of the old supporters club) after a home game at the Manor :eek:

welcome back Darren :cool:

• React
Reactions: MJB
Back
Top Bottom