Manager/Coach The Academy

• Thread starter Deleted member 462
  • Start date
They can't be doing that. It goes against the grain of the club being run down
cnn-fake-news2.jpg

Certainly confounds some of the theories being bandied about regarding a takeover? Or maybe not?

All so well and good investing in local youngsters, and bringing them on.... except pretty much ALL the prospects with potential end up being loaned out to get playing time, then dont have their contracts renewed, instead the likes of Oxford City, Guiseley etc benefit..... problem being managers /coaches want 'their' acquisitions to feature (when fit) in the first team. and are often adverse to playing youngsters produced locally (and organically). Young Napa has had a few cameo's , James Roberts was talked up by our last manager/coach , and if memory serves, given 5 or 10 mins game time, before being farmed out yet again. In recent times C O'D was an exception to the rule, and invariably he was used as an impact sub..... Ashby, Long and one or two others have some first team minutes under their belts, but injuries have held them back, though even if fit would our own homegrown players get the nod over whoever the manager/coach at the time had bought in as 'his' players?

Solution? .... Bring back the Football combination, which would give our own homegrowns a better chance, post youth team level, to break into the first team squad.

Fully agree, as well as getting players returning from injury the chance to get game time, and play along side the youngsters. Exactly what the efl are trying to do with the checkatrade trophy, but fixing something that wasn’t broken and always worked perfectly well.

As for the take over it either says, de is fully back on board and is putting back in place areas the club has been lacking in recent months.

Or

It’s not him bringing in these staff

Hard to say could be either

yep....sooner we find out whats going on the better

Have to say the academy side of things sounds impressive and it certainly seems to be in good hands under Dan Harris. He continues to look a great appointment.

Long may it all continue
Dan Harris spoke well at the recent Oxvox members meeting ..... hope he walks it like he talks it

I got a feeling he will, my immediate reaction to that meeting was both guy were very impressive, but I hoped they are giving the tools and finance needed to bring in the ideas they have. So far so good, more staff, more scouts, and a proper solution to the training ground were what’s needed, and we now have a new head of academy and 2 new coaches less than 3 weeks in
I hope it all points a positive future for OUFC .... in the meantime the first team squad need to start delivering on the pitch

I was pretty impressed with Dan Harris.

I hope that he is half as good as he came across and that he stays here for a number of years.

One thing is for certain we need more quality players coming through from the youth team. It is good to see Canice coming through. Napa is getting time on the pitch and Stevens has had a good season to date at Oxford City.

Let's hope more follow.

Yep like this academy bloke and a good update on the official site. More of this from others please? Were is our MD?

I’d quite like a similar weekly update along the lines of a view from the boardroom.

We have quite a few directors now and I don’t really have a clue what involvement they have or what they bring to the table.

Peter lee was brought in as a marketing expert, yet we rely on the generosity of fans to get a city centre shop, which is often not open. And have still a very basic range of merchandise that is mostly training wear.

Who’s the director responsible for looking at stadium options? Who brings marketing expertise ?

Do any of them do anything other than turn up for matches and make the odd press statement or sacking ?

I’d quite like a similar weekly update along the lines of a view from the boardroom.

We have quite a few directors now and I don’t really have a clue what involvement they have or what they bring to the table.

Peter lee was brought in as a marketing expert, yet we rely on the generosity of fans to get a city centre shop, which is often not open. And have still a very basic range of merchandise that is mostly training wear.

Who’s the director responsible for looking at stadium options? Who brings marketing expertise ?

Do any of them do anything other than turn up for matches and make the odd press statement or sacking ?
Swan about doing not a lot....apart from introducing new schemes to fleece the taken for granted fan base... that's all it appears the board members seem to me to be doing. ....So yep, @Dave T, I'd like something along the lines of your suggested weekly from the boardroom thingy. Rad ox's Ask Ashton while it lasted was inciteful

The club are looking for part-time staff to work in the club shop I believe.

I like the idea of playing more games against higher level clubs at an early age.

If we were to make the Championship we need better young players coming through who can get into a Championship team. So it makes sense to try and prepare for that.

Back
Top Bottom