That Geordie announcer

BigAlan

Is a twit, him on the public address system, in the SSU it’s hard enough to understand the usual guy but a Geordie trying to gee up the crowd was embassasing.

Give him his P45 and sort it out Rosie.

Is a twit, him on the public address system, in the SSU it’s hard enough to understand the usual guy but a Geordie trying to gee up the crowd was embassasing.

He was doing the announcements last pre season.

He’s a Mackem fan and does the PA for the women’s team at CPF. I agree, he’s hard to understand, especially when announcing raffle numbers.

Easy tiger, Nathan will be back for the season proper!

He got a couple of their players’ names spectacularly wrong - Kaikai and Guaita - but that’s vaguely understandable. What’s unacceptable is when he’s getting home players’s names wrong - eg John ‘Mousano’. Awful.

He got a couple of their players’ names spectacularly wrong - Kaikai and Guaita - but that’s vaguely understandable. What’s unacceptable is when he’s getting home players’s names wrong - eg John ‘Mousano’. Awful.
Now that was embarrassing.

He was doing the announcements last pre season.

Also the first few matches at the beginning of last season. I thought that we had the guy from the hairy bikers doing the announcements, and it sounded not right for him to announce the scorer ginooooo van kesssellllllll instead of announcing I’m going to rustle up a coque de Rennes burger and fries cooked on my bike.

Getting someone who is even vaguely familiar with the players names would have been preferable. That was just cringeworthy.

Should ask Nick Harris to do it, job jobbed.
That would change our recruitment policy totally. The club would find it irresistible to hire only players with foreign-sounding names or with names that sounded like those of other players!

He cannot pronounce Malachi's first name and informed the crowd that Jack Stevens had replaced Eastwood, he was about fifteen minutes too early for that one!

He cannot pronounce Malachi's first name and informed the crowd that Jack Stevens had replaced Eastwood, he was about fifteen minutes too early for that one!

I thought he said that as well, total numpty.

To be fair, he was probably reading something given to him by the club! No excuse for mis-pronouncing our players names though.

Back
Top Bottom