Thank f**k.

I’m not making any allegations...

Just asking your thoughts on the alleged events that led to him leaving the service and if you still thought he was a good man on the back of that.

Not surprised by your answer mind given that there still maybe a vested interest given that certain peoples may still have a working relationship with each other..

Anyway, I’m sure he wouldn’t mind given the form he’s had in the past for attempting to generate trouble for people and their employees...
What on earth are you talking about? These veiled insinuations are really inappropriate on a public forum, even if no one knows what you’re talking about.

Are you that bloke who’s obsessed with people from a particular city?

Absolutely. The lack of any comment from our main supporters group is frustrating (spoken as another bit of a bastard). And the silence just leads to the sort of bickering apparent on this forum. OK: they probably know more about future developments than us nobodies. OK: they’ve possibly been told not to divulge details. But personally it irritates me that they can think it fine to say absolutely nothing to those of us who support the club (in my case for over 50 years) and worry about its future.
"The lack of any comment"

Not true. They released an update on 25th March which addressed the rumours. The club or its owners have made no statement since that time.

"But personally it irritates me that they can think it fine to say absolutely nothing to those of us who support the club (in my case for over 50 years) and worry about its future."

Assuming you're a member of OxVox, contact Paul Peros and outline your concerns. He is a very approachable person and will, I'm sure, listen to your frustrations. You can lay your comments on OxVox's behaviour right at the feet of the trust's senior elected officer.

If you don't feel like the trust is doing things in the way you believe they should be, stand for election and get the mandate from the other members to do things differently. If you choose to stand, I'd advise that you concurrently grow very thick skin.

Last edited by a moderator:

097c960c75af014a05c7123b67383069.gif

Just asking your thoughts on the alleged events that led to him leaving the service and if you still thought he was a good man on the back of that.

Not surprised by your answer mind given that there still maybe a vested interest given that certain peoples may still have a working relationship with each other..

Anyway, I’m sure he wouldn’t mind given the form he’s had in the past for attempting to generate trouble for people and their employees...
FWIW, reads like s**t-stirring to me.

Then proceeds to do just that.

Has he stolen your favourite teddy or something?

Obviously we don’t know yet but I’d hazard a guess that the Fans Council is just a more modern/official way of saying “Yellow Army” that a previous poster on Yellows was fairly involved in (John Lennon).

I do agree though that OxVox should be a critical friend (when it needs to be) and hold OUFC to account. That has been very much the case at points in the past and less so too.

Message from OxVox, for those who aren't members:​

Takeover​

The club have said nothing more with regards to the potential takeover. We have spoken to everyone we have access to, including Tiger. Despite our frequent requests we have yet to have any access to the other members of the board, however, following a meeting on Wednesday (see below) we have been assured that the matter will be addressed. As they are board members it is a little disappointing not to hear more from them, but as bidders and potential owners we feel it is imperative supporters have the access to put our questions to them. We fully respect the confidentiality of the details of any negotiations, but an appropriate degree of communication and transparency is important in offering supporters confidence and an appreciation of the vision for our football club and stadium. As things stand it remains clear that conversations are ongoing and the little we do know on them will remain confidential, but all parties are working together to progress the club and it seems likely that all will still be around to continue that next season. As soon as we have any more information we will report back to members.

Fans' Council

The subject of a fans’ council was raised with us almost a year ago. Although some people are understandably concerned about its potential impact on OxVox, we are confident that this will be a positive move. The council is being set up to deal directly with fans on more ‘personal’ issues. They are not bypassing OxVox and we are still here to pass on any concerns from fans on the more specific subjects that the council will deal with, but often we were just an intermediary in these instances. We have done, and will continue to press the club on their communication with the fans: we feel there has been a noticeable void in that area since Zaki formally left the club, and we hope this is a step in the right direction. OxVox places a great deal of importance on our independence and will continue to defend it jealously, but we also encourage the club to engage fans directly as they are doing here. Andy Taylor is an enthusiastic and dedicated member of the club and a fan as well. We will work with him on this project in the hope that the club are able to deliver on their good intentions. We will continue to press the club on the bigger issues that members and fans more commonly raise with us.

Back
Top Bottom