Chairman Thames Valley Royals.

Does anyone know where maxwell intended the thames valley royals to play? Was it at the manor or elm park?

Yes it was going to be didcot ,Maxwell must have been seriously deluded if he thought that either supporters would have accepted this mad scheme, when the pitch invasion took place I think he got the message

If it had gone through, i wonder what the last 20 years would have been like. Champions league every season? Mid table prem side? Prem/champ yo yo club.? Champ? Lower leagues? Non league oblivion?

If it had gone through, i wonder what the last 20 years would have been like. Champions league every season? Mid table prem side? Prem/champ yo yo club.? Champ? Lower leagues? Non league oblivion?
Impossible to be sure but I always keep Rushden (Town) and (Irthlingborough) Diamonds in mind as an example of a merged club created by one moneyed bloke in a new ground not quite in either place. I am not convinced that squidging two clubs together ever really works.

We would have collapsed into bankruptcy and lower down the pyramid than Oxford City once Fat Bob`s accounting practices came to light.
Although Ghislaine & the boys seem to be doing well keeping out of the spotlight these days............................

Maybe much like MK Dons

MK Dons had a new town to form their fan base (or at least those you see turning up). Who would have followed the Thames Valley Royals? Neither Oxford or Reading fans would have done. Would even the residents of Didcot turned our to watch them?

MK Dons had a new town to form their fan base (or at least those you see turning up). Who would have followed the Thames Valley Royals? Neither Oxford or Reading fans would have done. Would even the residents of Didcot turned our to watch them?
if they had a decent ground some folks would probably have gone and then a new generation of Didcot kids. But it would have been a fairly sad affair

Back
Top Bottom