Test series v India

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good bowling and catching from India today and more poor technique from England's batsmen. It's brain dead again from England.

Time to shake up the selection!! Drop Jennings Malan and possibly Cook. Bring in Burns Pope and a return for Ian Bell who should have been playing in this game. Stokes wont play in at least the next game. Also time to rest Broad who seems to have lost his way. Give Porter a go now.

Buttler out now. Absolutely terrible from England today. Whoever the batting coach is, they are crap at their job

(Geoffrey) Boycott knew how to bat in a test match...few since his glory years have managed to do the same.... ODIs and T20 , plus Indian super league or what ever its called.... have IMO changed the outlook, application and approach of English cricket batsmen over the past few decades

whatever happened to wearing the bowler down, what ever happened to proctecting your wicket, and most concerning what ever happened to great English test match cricket players?:unsure:

Curran has bowled well and is now showing the more established players how to bat. Brilliant!

Not sure it will change the outcome of the game, but he has at least ensured that the bowlers have something to bowl at. Maybe if we hold our catches then it could just be possible....

India's highest chase for a win in England was in 1971 - they chased 174 at The Oval.

All records are there to be broken, but it's a pitch that offers a bit for spinners and seamers. I know it should be five days but a three day thriller in Test format can be equally as exciting!

23-2 and Kohli has just come in. The next hour will probably decide the game...

Just praying we can nick another out tonight, what a game this has been.

We need a couple of quick wickets tomorrow.
The batting has been very poor for a while.
Smith for Aus and now Kholi are doing what Root should be doing scoring big hundreds.
I wonder if Root would be better without the captaincy?

We need a couple of quick wickets tomorrow.
The batting has been very poor for a while.
Smith for Aus and now Kholi are doing what Root should be doing scoring big hundreds.
I wonder if Root would be better without the captaincy?
Maybe time to give Ollie Pope of Surrey a go. Root is a bit of a strange 1 but always seems to get at leat 50 in at least 1 innings of a test but at present has a terrible conversion to 100 rate. Hopefully Root doesn’t do what Smith did next?

What a Test Match this is. Shades of 2005 at the same ground. Kohli gone. India 40 to win. England 2 wickets. Stokes is, well, stoked. Yikes.

Make that 1 wicket. Props to Root for bringing on Rashid there.

Very exciting stuff. I thought we'd had it when we didn't get Kohli out yesterday.

Looks like two pretty evenly matched teams, both with batting frailties - we should be in for a good series.

Some pretty ordinary umpiring in this game, it has to be said. Got a lot of time for the NZ umpire but he had a bit of a shocker there.
Great match though!

I couldn’t move for the last 30 minutes of that, listening to TMS at Bestival. Felt just as good as a close 3-2 win for OUFC in the 95th minute. Let’s make this an extra special day. COYY!

Watched it from ball 1. Struggled to make a cuppa tea between overs!! Very good bowling this morning and for once Root captained well. I would still make a couple of changes and it looks like Woakes may be fit to replace Stokes. 7 left handers in the team is playing into India's hands. Drop Malan and bring back Ian Bell who is a great player of spin.

2 changes to the squad for the next test - Ollie Pope is in for Malan, Woakes is in for Stokes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom