• ****Join the YF Fantasy EFL League: HERE. ****

Temporary Stand (Not Happening)

They wouldn’t of made a loss had it sold out the majority of games next season.

They didn’t believe it would sell out enough to break even.

That’s why I’m not blaming Kassam.

Have faith that we will fill it after the Wembley sales..

What was the break even point?

There are very few sides that wouldn't bring 2000 away fans. Most of those with smaller away followings are relatively close, and a number of clubs have never played at the Kassam.

We have then seen STs being frozen when there has been unprecedented interest, and normal walk ups alone would have seen us looking at 10k+ home fans per game.

The only way that finances become an issue is if Kassam is charging an absolute fortune for the privilege of putting a temporary stand up.

Can we hire some open top tour buses, viewing on top deck, bar on bottom deck. Heck we could even have naked conductors come pole dancers. I'd take one for the team and upgrade from my ST as would others to free some seats up.

The premium option a series of 6 fan boxes with dedicated catering and little Ox bar each one with a sponsor 150 tickets per box at £150 per game. Never happen but would look quite cool or at least better than a fence

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-07-09 at 18.04.50.png
    Screenshot 2024-07-09 at 18.04.50.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 39
Confirmed by the CEO in today's message to fans that the temporary stand won't happen for operational and financial reasons. Really disappointing.

The only way that finances become an issue is if Kassam is charging an absolute fortune for the privilege of putting a temporary stand up.

Break clause in the contract with driver training, loss of their income for contract term......... he would want all that back.

Probably the same for the car wash folk and anyone else involved................

He wouldn`t lose out on any of that and that bill/invoice is in before we`ve put up a temporary stand

Presumably a stand instead of a fence would also facilitate more sponsorship space / revenue? Plus a potential stand name sponsorship.

Can we hire some open top tour buses, viewing on top deck, bar on bottom deck. Heck we could even have naked conductors come pole dancers. I'd take one for the team and upgrade from my ST as would others to free some seats up.

My first vision for some reason was of some fat bloke wrapping his willy round the bars on the bus whilst collecting fares. I think I will be giving this a miss.

Back
Top Bottom