• ****Join the YF Fantasy EFL League: HERE. ****

Temporary Stand (Not Happening)

Am i wrong in thinking this season is likely going to be as good as its going to get until we have a new stadium? Is this our last season at Kassam or do we have 2 more years left? Just dreading the thought of relegation & then playing our home games at Wycombe.

You highlight an interesting point here @Manorlounger and this is aimed at the club, not you for making the point.

If, as you say, the club would indeed rather not say anything, to its thousands of fans, for fear of upsetting Kassam, then, that in itself is a bloody disgrace. That they don't mind keeping us in the dark, and prioritise the feelings of that man, rather than informing their fans/customers, tells me they are not fit to manage this club.

I cannot find any excuse for a simple it's happening/it's not happening statement, although a good management team would have kept us in the loop all along. They don't have to condemn Kassam as the devil incarnate (although he is) just grow a pair and tell us what's happening.

If you don't stand up to bullies, guess what, they'll keep bullying you.
Communication from OUFC is abysmal as usual. Cannot someone from the communications side of the club give a diplomatic answer about the temporary stand, that will not pee off Oxford fans or Kassam ?

Let's be clear about this, a temporary stand with all the necessary security, safety and facilities is, logistically not an insurmountable problem. Making it financially viable is a problem. The figure I have heard mentioned, indirectly from a club source (and no, I am not in a position to divulge names) is £50,000 per game just in rent alone.
With that in mind and the need to remain cordial with the dear Mr K, is it any wonder that we have not heard anything positive? (Or, for that matter, anyone condemning that same benevolent chap as a devious, money grabbing, obnoxious bastard without a charitable bone in his body)
£50K per game works out over £1M per season!
The rent for the rest of the ground isn't that much.
Some people have mentioned the motorbike training centre, but I doubt they are paying anywhere near that amount for setting up some cones on an existing car park and surely Kassam could shift them to another side of the ground.

It's a shame that this

£50K per game works out over £1M per season!
The rent for the rest of the ground isn't that much.
Some people have mentioned the motorbike training centre, but I doubt they are paying anywhere near that amount for setting up some cones on an existing car park and surely Kassam could shift them to another side of the ground.

It's a shame that this

That figure is way off.

had trouble sending replies earlier.
Meant to finish with
It's a shame that it looks very much like a temporary stand isn't happening.
Unlike the last time we asked which was for a one-off S***don game, this would get used all season.
ST sales show I think we *could* have sold out every seat to ST, and then had a temp stand for on-the-day.

Finances aside, really gutted this isn't happening. It would have significantly improved the feel and atmosphere of the Kassam, and reduced some of the P**s-taking we will undoubtedly receive from opposition fans.

Finances aside, really gutted this isn't happening. It would have significantly improved the feel and atmosphere of the Kassam, and reduced some of the P**s-taking we will undoubtedly receive from opposition fans.

The least of my worry’s is having the P**s taken out of me by people who live in Preston, Middlesbrough and Luton.

But it would have been nice to actually be able to get a decent crowd in, not have a gap at one end and not have that silly big segregation.

Just have to bide your time and wait until we move to a shiny new finished stadium.

The club not wanting to make a financial loss.
Not the whole problem, maybe.

However, why would it be that the club would make a financial loss on this? Who might be charging the club such an extortionate amount that it made this loss, I wonder?

If we own the stadium ourselves, this happens, no problem. Even if it's indirectly, we all know Kassam has ONCE AGAIN got in the way of Oxford United's progress.

Back
Top Bottom