Spanish Football Tebas/La Liga/Mbappe - Magnificent toys out of the Pram

Marked Ox

God like member

Fantastic tantrum by Tebas.

He completely ignores Real Madrid and Barca being some of the main pushers of transfer fees/wages etc getting ridiculous in the first place. Completely ignores Real Madrid were going to give Mbappe a ridiculous signing on fee and wages if he'd signed for them.

Nevermind that R Madrid will be paying silly money/signing on fee to Rudiger.

Clearly upset that Barca and Real Madrid have been surpassed and can't just name the player of any other team and assume they will sign.

It is a crazy deal tho 250m just for signing on 86m a year wages 1.6m a week it's football gone mad

Mbappe was saying it’s his dream to play for Real Madrid for the last few years.

Think it’s pretty sad & a bit of a dark day he’s chosen that deal at PSG over the move.

Suppose you can throw up those numbers when you’re owned by Qatar.

Ah, the beautiful game.

giphy.gif

He completely ignores Real Madrid and Barca being some of the main pushers of transfer fees/wages etc getting ridiculous in the first place. Completely ignores Real Madrid were going to give Mbappe a ridiculous signing on fee and wages if he'd signed for them.

Clearly upset that Barca and Real Madrid have been surpassed and can't just name the player of any other team and assume they will sign.
Can somebody please explain why, if you are worth £10m's money matters at all?
I don't understand

That article says Tebas is against the Super League, so he has my respect for that.

I just hope nobody tells him how much Newcastle are spending on players like Dan Burn.

The very top of football has become a joke with huge amounts of debts and clubs more powerful than the bodies in place to manage them. For years, everyone was happy turning a blind eye to the dirty money coming from Russia. We're now doing the same with the middle East. At the same time, restrictions and regulations are forced down the throats of lower league clubs with grass root football at risk.

Its a bit rich of clubs like Real Madrid to be crying over bigger clubs bullying them, but the point stands that these deals are insane and have a far greater impact further down the pyramid. Look at the debts of Everton and how much they've spunked away to get to 16th in the PL. If they'd gone down, and a points deduction should be given to make that happen, then they could easily be the next basket case to drop through the leagues.

You then face the situation where Oxford are looking to compete against clubs that were in the PL whilst we were in the Conference. That then fuels unrealistic expectation when fans demand a top 2 finish with everything else seen as failure, despite some of these clubs spending twice as much as the rest.

I am incredibly excited to have a board behind us with the wealth they have, but I am also slightly fearful of what this means for the "plucky" Oxford that I love.

A little bit of extra success won't kill off the club at its roots (which we have, unlike the horrible tw*ts in Leipzig who have just won the German Cup).
But I sincerely don't hope we have to pay a player 100 million quid to sign and give them a say in future signings and who the manager is. Utterly baffling!

The most amusing thing about Tebas's rant considering Real Madrid were offering pretty much the same financial package. It isn't clear if Real were offering the same non financial package formally but it is a good bet that he would have been consulted on such things anyway.

Whilst I think that the money being thrown at PSG (and Man City and Chelsea previously) is utterly absurd, and wrecking football.......

........the one positive is how much it is clearly pissing off Real Madrid and their cronies. This is the club that invented the very concept of the galactico, with much of their money coming from poorly disguised state support.

Now all of a sudden they can't buy every player they want, because other clubs have pockets that are just as deep, and the toys are flying out the pram. It's brilliant viewing.

Also that they dropped interest in Haaland to focus on Mbappe, and now don't have either on their books.

They should be happy enough with Benzema being the best striker in Europe this season.

This is quite a long running tantrum. UEFA should tell them that La Liga clubs Real Madrid and Barcelona altered the football ecosystem long ago and many of their transfers didn't make economic sense or correspond to market conditions considering their financial positions (especially Barcelona spending £142m on Coutinho for instance).

Aw diddums Javier, there are bigger bullies on the playground now so tough.

And further on Barcelona (from BirminghamLive:

Maybe UEFA should suggest to them that it applies a strict 200m Euro salary cap for all Champions League participants?

That would after all flatten out the playing field for most of Tebas' charges.

But I imagine he would shut up pretty quickly at any proposals that took away Real & Barca's competitive advantages......

Back
Top Bottom