EFL Teams Start To Announce Retained Lists

Does anyone know that status of our players whose deals expire on the 30th? I've seen stuff about the loan extensions but not about those out of contract this summer.

We had to submit our list to the EFL by 23rd June so Mackie, Mousinho and Thorne will know what's happening or not.
As Mackie and Mous seem well involved with the return to training, then you'd assume that as a minimum, they've signed extended deals to cover the play-offs, likewise with Thorne although he has been harder to spot in photos/video since the players returned.

As for their status next season - who knows? Mousinho has publicly spoken about his desire to stay.

Long signed a new deal and Ruffels option was activated. The U23s/youth lists were confirmed in May >>> https://www.oufc.co.uk/news/2020/may/youngsters-update/

No shock that Luke Garbutt got released. I wonder if he will end up back at Ipswich?

I suspect he will have to take a wage cut from his *reported* 28k a week

Attachments

• 4DC91D04-8335-4A0C-A121-D0DECA0027C1.jpeg
    4DC91D04-8335-4A0C-A121-D0DECA0027C1.jpeg
    247.6 KB · Views: 19
Long signed a new deal and Ruffels option was activated. The U23s/youth lists were confirmed in May >>> https://www.oufc.co.uk/news/2020/may/youngsters-update/

Does anyone know what came out of the talks with Harris and Berkoe that were referenced in that article?
Am I right in thinking Goodrham has another year in the scholars before graduating - as he isnt mentioned at all?
Also, does anyone know the latest position for Aaron Heap and Ryan Crooks - I've got a feeling one or both have left, but cannot find anything?

I suspect he will have to take a wage cut from his *reported* 28k a week

I reckon his base salary was probably a bit lower than that, but still pretty substantial. I doubt Everton would've kept a player earning essentially half a first-teamer's wage at the club for so long, only looking to loan him out.

A couple of years ago Liverpool adopted a salary cap for young players at the club, and I think most Premier League sides should be looking to do that for their own benefit, but it'd also stop this hyperinflation of young player's wages whose pay-packets are disproportionate to their ability.

Last edited:
Does anyone know what came out of the talks with Harris and Berkoe that were referenced in that article?
Am I right in thinking Goodrham has another year in the scholars before graduating - as he isnt mentioned at all?
Also, does anyone know the latest position for Aaron Heap and Ryan Crooks - I've got a feeling one or both have left, but cannot find anything?

Pretty sure from Goodrham's age he's a first-year scholar. Aaron Heap left the club months ago whilst Ryan Crooks joined North Leigh just before lockdown

Pretty sure from Goodrham's age he's a first-year scholar. Aaron Heap left the club months ago whilst Ryan Crooks joined North Leigh just before lockdown

Goodrham is. He was playing in the youth team whilst still a schoolboy.

Goodrham is. He was playing in the youth team whilst still a schoolboy.
Some potential then, on the bench for the first team while only a first year scholar! Do we think a pro deal once he turns 17 perhaps?

Some potential then, on the bench for the first team while only a first year scholar! Do we think a pro deal once he turns 17 perhaps?
serious potential and promise ... despite his youth, from what Ive seen of him, U18s and U16s, he seems to be a natural goal scorer

Mansfield really going for it ( again ).

They've brought in goalkeeper Marek Stech from Luton, forwards Jordan Bowery from MK Dons and Jamie Reid from Torquay, plus Ollie Clarke from
Bristol Rovers who links up with previous Rovers boss Graham Coughlan.

The Stags also rumoured to be signing Stephen McLaughlin from Southend and striker Eoin Doyle from Bradford.

They've brought in goalkeeper Marek Stech from Luton, forwards Jordan Bowery from MK Dons and Jamie Reid from Torquay, plus Ollie Clarke from

The Stags also rumoured to be signing Stephen McLaughlin from Southend and striker Eoin Doyle from Bradford.

Omar Bogle aswell apparently

That'd be quite difficult to do considering he signed for Swindon on a permanent in January.

If we are not promoted,. Doyle would be worth a punt. If only, to rub it in with the scum. Just bring him on to score against them from the bench.

Pompey announce releases following elimination from the play-offs

Bit misleading that.

It's not as if they didn't want to keep Burgess - he left because some Belgian team that I've never heard of offered him a three year deal.

It was clear from the playoffs that he's still a damn good League One player, and will be a big loss for them.

Back
Top Bottom