EFL Teams Start To Announce Retained Lists

Would imagine that we will look at Will Grigg again, especially with Sunderland desperate to reduce the wage bill.
I suspect the wages he'd want may be a stumbling block, especially given the current circumstances. Although perhaps he will have to curb his expectations, not only because of the virus but also because of his poor showing last season?

Would imagine that we will look at Will Grigg again, especially with Sunderland desperate to reduce the wage bill.

Based on the TV series, offer them a packet of crisps and if they say no then add a Mars Bar.

Also the player will want to step up a league.

* For these play-offs Im adopting the theory of ‘Cosmic Ordering’. The power of positive thinking proposed by Barbel Mohr and made famous by Noel Edmunds. You can all thank me in any way you see fit after we smash Fleetwood at Wembley..

Sunderland have offered out-of-contract Jon McLaughlin, Chris Maguire and Tom Flanagan new deals.

Scotland goalkeeper McLaughlin, 32, forward Maguire, 31, and 28-year old Northern Ireland defender Flanagan all arrived at the club in July 2018.

The Black Cats have also confirmed that forward Duncan Watmore, Alim Ozturk, Jack Baldwin and Ethan Robson are leaving the Stadium of Light.

Joel Lynch also moves on after just one season on Wearside.

If true then Sunderland will have £500k to cover the loss in income.

Edit: Further reading suggests the upfront part won't be that much.

Last edited:
Blimey, I’m a bit behind the times, I thought he was on loan at scum from Brentford still. When did he go to chavenage?

Back
Top Bottom