Team for Pompey

• Thread starter Deleted member 222
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 222

So after tonight what team do fans think we should play?
I’d go:
Mitchell
Norman, Nelson, Dickie, Garbutt
Hanson, Brannagan
Holmes, Henry, Browne
Smith

Subs: Shearer, McMahon, Mous, Ruffles, Hall, Baptiste, Obika

Mitchell
Norman Nelson Dickie Garbutt
Hanson Brannagan
Hall Holmes Browne
Obika​

Subs: Shearer, McMahon, Mousinho, Ruffels, Whyte, Mackie, Smith

That's the lineup I'm expecting. Think Henry will be out for a couple of games from the sounds of it. If Norman and Browne don't start then I can only assume it's to do with fitness, because Browne looked excellent and Norman is far more athletic and energetic than McMahon at right back.

What was Norman’s delivery like on crossing? That seems to be McMahons strength so if it is as good then Norman starts.
Even with Henry out we have Holmes and Browne who can play through the middle.
I also think Baptiste could play himself into a serious first team player this year.

The sooner Norman is first choice the better, I think.

Well KR said after last night's game he already knew the team for Pompey before we kicked off last night, well see. Moushino did not miss a thing against Coventry and Henry played really well IMO so if fit both I think should be considered.

I would like to see Moushino come in for Dickie.

I'm not sold on this Kamikaze player he masquareded as last season for us. I think we have a great player with some mileage left in him somewhere.

Think Dickie is great but he was poor on Saturday.

Moushino looks more comfortable than the other centre backs playing on the left, seemed to give Luke Garbutt more.confidence and Rob Dickie played better than Saturday last night on the right. Moushino didn't try any of his special little touches and then ending up loosing it last night, put it in to touch when required.

Last edited:
Moushino looks more comfortable than the other centre backs playing on the left, seemed to give Luke Garbutt more.confidence and Rob Dickie played better than Saturday last night on the right. Moushino didn't try any of his special little touches and then ending up loosing it last night, put it in to touch when required.

The noticeable improvement in Garbutt’s game last night was largely due to having Browne in front of him.

Browne is big and strong and worked hard defensively which certainly helped us to look much
more solid.

Back
Top Bottom