Team for Coventry

Would you really keep a Ruffels/Brannagan central midfield?

100% No they are getting massively over run in there but a lack of central midfielder doesn’t help whilst waiting for Hanson to get fit he has to put Mousinho ahead of Ruffels over the next 2/3 games and if that does make any difference he’s got to change the formation to have 3 in the centre of midfield

Baptiste starting tonight. I understand he's young and needs game time but come on play our strongest team ahead of Portsmouth, gain some confidence before going into one of the toughest away game's for a footballer

Why are we in a state of chaos and injury crisis right at the beginning of the season? If someone is injured their replacement should just step in from the wider squad

You seriously have to put Mousinho in front of the defence until Hanson is fit, and recovered from his injury. I think playing Mous with Brannagan is the way forward. CB can advance up field linking up with the three behind the lone striker, and Mous can sniff out danger, and help the defence better than Ruffels In that position. I wouldn’t drop Ruffels though! I’d put him left back and replace LG. Whenever JR has been called upon in the past, he’s always done a decent job on the left side
of defence.

Even though he hates playing there.:)

Baptiste starting tonight. I understand he's young and needs game time but come on play our strongest team ahead of Portsmouth, gain some confidence before going into one of the toughest away game's for a footballer
Arguably playing Shandon might be our strongest team. Actually, I've got a funny feeling he's going to do well. I hope I'm right.

Our best player in preseason for me, absolutely earnt a start. If he goes into this match playing his game he'll do well.

You seriously have to put Mousinho in front of the defence until Hanson is fit, and recovered from his injury. I think playing Mous with Brannagan is the way forward. CB can advance up field linking up with the three behind the lone striker, and Mous can sniff out danger, and help the defence better than Ruffels In that position. I wouldn’t drop Ruffels though! I’d put him left back and replace LG. Whenever JR has been called upon in the past, he’s always done a decent job on the left side
of defence.
Sad to say, but you're right. It's the best option.

We have to play our strongest team, who does KR think he has come to when he more or less discards one of the top competitions? Next it will be the FA Cup. Why do todays managers not realize that fans love cup runs, cup upsets, additional income from good ties and a bit of national recognition. Is he/are they scared of their league positions and losing their jobs already ?

As much as I think ruffels and brannagan in midfield is not working I'm not convinced mousinho is the answer. I agree with most that he will pick up on danger and read the game well but he is such a liability with the ball at his feet. In central midfield it needs to be one/two touch stuff. How many times did he give away or nearly give the ball away from the centre back position last season. If he does that in central midfield we will haemorrage goals just as badly.

As much as I think ruffels and brannagan in midfield is not working I'm not convinced mousinho is the answer. I agree with most that he will pick up on danger and read the game well but he is such a liability with the ball at his feet. In central midfield it needs to be one/two touch stuff. How many times did he give away or nearly give the ball away from the centre back position last season. If he does that in central midfield we will haemorrage goals just as badly.
Hopefully the answer is Hansen! But Mousinho is experienced in that position, and his tendency to lose the ball two or three times a game might not be quite so disastrous with a couple of defenders behind him. Or he might even be more confident in his preferred position and show us what he can do. On the basis that we don't know how he would do, but we do know exactly what we will get with Brannagan/Ruffles then I'd be tempted to give it a try.

Hopefully the answer is Hansen! But Mousinho is experienced in that position, and his tendency to lose the ball two or three times a game might not be quite so disastrous with a couple of defenders behind him. Or he might even be more confident in his preferred position and show us what he can do. On the basis that we don't know how he would do, but we do know exactly what we will get with Brannagan/Ruffles then I'd be tempted to give it a try.
I find myself agreeing with you ZTH on almost everything these days!!
Mous was originally a DM and a 'manufactured' CB after. I think its worth a try.

Back
Top Bottom