Away Match Day Thread Team coach

NottsYellow

According to my neighbour ... there is normally some sort of override, default button at the back of the bus to cover for the drink driving alcohol test thingy.
It is not feasible for a coach to be immobilized and potentially 50 people stranded for 6 hours.
So if one driver was tested positive for alcohol then there is a procedure to follow to override the system to enable another person to drive the coach without waiting for 6 hours. This procedure would be implemented during every service after the alcohol testing thingy is checked.

According to my neighbour ... there is normally some sort of override, default button at the back of the bus to cover for the drink driving alcohol test thingy.
It is not feasible for a coach to be immobilized and potentially 50 people stranded for 6 hours.
So if one driver was tested positive for alcohol then there is a procedure to follow to override the system to enable another person to drive the coach without waiting for 6 hours. This procedure would be implemented during every service after the alcohol testing thingy is checked.

Presumably the alcohol had gotten into the system, so anyone reblowing into the machine would have also triggered it? Or maybe there wasn't another driver available?

Either way, hopefully the players will hopefully all arrive at Bicester next week before a fleet of taxis rush them to the ground!! Why change a winning habit?!

I believe this system came into being after a fatal coach crash on the M4/M25 junction where the driver was over the limit.

Presumably the alcohol had gotten into the system, so anyone reblowing into the machine would have also triggered it? Or maybe there wasn't another driver available?

Either way, hopefully the players will hopefully all arrive at Bicester next week before a fleet of taxis rush them to the ground!! Why change a winning habit?!
In the good old days one of the players or staff would've piped up and said I drove a Luton van once. This'll be a piece of P**s, hold on lads (and Amy) which ways the ground

In the good old days one of the players would have hot-wired it, driven to the Pub pre-match, had a couple of pints and a fag followed by a burger, scored a hat trick then gone on a sesh after ending in DTM then driven the team home................. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
Ah! DTMs, watering hole of the elite. Home of the "purple drink" - an aperitif before a kebab with garlic mayonnaise and chilli sauce - happy days, not that I remember much! :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom