General Taylor/Winnall

harrymark1

Do we expect them to be used in the same way Taylor/Mackie were last season? 60/30 mins each? What a boost that would be as Mackie coming on for 30 minutes often meant goals were harder to come by but with Winnall or Taylor coming on for 30 would mean the same potency

I wouldn't expect winnall to settle for 20 mins at the end as a general rule. He is here to play serious minutes. It may mean Taylor has less minutes and/or we look at different systems to accommodate both. I hope its the latter. Seeing Taylor and Winall operating close together could be potent.

I would suggest that with us (as is everybody else playing a lot of midweek games they will alternate.

I wouldn't expect winnall to settle for 20 mins at the end as a general rule. He is here to play serious minutes. It may mean Taylor has less minutes and/or we look at different systems to accommodate both. I hope its the latter. Seeing Taylor and Winall operating close together could be potent.
I think he clearly starts as backup as we have very rarely played with 2 up top under Robinson, but he’ll get plenty of game time if he stays fit as Taylor won’t play 46 games a season and Robinson showed he was happy to bring Taylor off the bench if it suited, so it’s up to Winnall to get himself in a position where he can get big minutes

Hope it doesnt lead to Agyei having less game time. I think he should be a player we ought to develop.

Robinson seems to want to convert him into a winger so will be interesting to see where Ageyi does play in league games. Would say majority of the times out on the right.

This is how a proper football club operate, top quality strikers vying for the shirt. In my opinion Robinson’s talk of rotation is, in the main, a load of nonsense and bluster. Are you telling me if Taylor scores six goals in his first four games that he will suddenly be rotated when Winnall is up to speed ? No manager drops an in form striker, they just wouldn’t risk the loss of momentum.

Winnall, rightly, will have to seize his chance in the early cameos he will get and equally Taylor won’t get away with a few of the little non scoring runs he can go on. 0n paper it’s the most potent strike force we’ve had in a seriously long time.

I dont think its nonsense at all, if we keep going through in the cups then we're going to be playing Saturday-Tuesday-Saturday-Tuesday week after week, theres no way Taylor can or will be starting every game in a run like that no matter how many goals he's scoring. If he is banging them in (hopefully he will be!) Then I'd expect Winnall to not only get the last 10-15 mins of games, but also to start lesser cup games like the EFL trophy and early FA Cup rounds etc

I dont think its nonsense at all, if we keep going through in the cups then we're going to be playing Saturday-Tuesday-Saturday-Tuesday week after week, theres no way Taylor can or will be starting every game in a run like that no matter how many goals he's scoring. If he is banging them in (hopefully he will be!) Then I'd expect Winnall to not only get the last 10-15 mins of games, but also to start lesser cup games like the EFL trophy and early FA Cup rounds etc

We will disagree on that then. In my opinion no manager anywhere drops a striker in the form of his life. Of course one or the other will get minutes from the bench in most games and will play plenty of cup football but I’d be staggered if one is suddenly benched if he’s in red hot scoring form.

You telling me Robinson will take him out and put Taylor in once we reach the Quarter-Finals? Or do you think he'll wait til the final before he makes that switch?

We will disagree on that then. In my opinion no manager anywhere drops a striker in the form of his life. Of course one or the other will get minutes from the bench in most games and will play plenty of cup football but I’d be staggered if one is suddenly benched if he’s in red hot scoring form.

If Winnall is playing plenty of cup football and we play one up front then surely isn’t that Taylor, by definition, being benched for that game?

Yeah totally agree, it doesn't seem like Karl was that keen last season. Agyei is so good on the ball, strong and pacey. Really want to see more.

I think a lot of fans are easily seduced by players with pace who can beat a man, by Agyei still has a lot to learn and I can understand why Robison has been reluctant to throw him in. Saying that, I’d have preferred him over Mackie in a lot of instances last season

Do we expect them to be used in the same way Taylor/Mackie were last season? 60/30 mins each? What a boost that would be as Mackie coming on for 30 minutes often meant goals were harder to come by but with Winnall or Taylor coming on for 30 would mean the same potency

There will be rotation between the 2 but as we saw in that 5 wins on the trot back in February Taylor was in the form of his life not just his goals but his performance were excellent aswell so there will be times one will be starting more than the other but once Winnall is up to speed (may take 4-6 weeks before we see that) there will be a real fight for that number 9 spot as neither are going to be guaranteed first choice as they’re both so good at this level, I can also see them playing together at times when we’re struggling to break teams down (classic example being today where we could of done with 2 up top in that last 20/30 minutes)

Back
Top Bottom