Tariqe Fosu

He doesnt have to sign. If hes offered they get something when he leaves, if they offer nothing they get nothing. If he signs, its a risk they take and they then try and sell him.

Precisely.

Some others further up the thread asked the question 'Surely it depends on whether he signed the contract?'

No - it doesn't. If he had signed the contract offer, then presumably we wouldn't be in for him, and this thread wouldn't exist.

Precisely.

Some others further up the thread asked the question 'Surely it depends on whether he signed the contract?'

No - it doesn't. If he had signed the contract offer, then presumably we wouldn't be in for him, and this thread wouldn't exist.

I see three scenarios which result in Oxford signing him:

1. Fosu does not sign a contract with Charlton. He signs for Oxford but compensation is required as he is under 24 - Oxford reach financial agreement with Charlton
2. Fosu does not sign a contract with Charlton. He signs for Oxford but Oxford fail reach agreement with Charlton so the fee is decided by tribunal (just like Nelson)
3. Fosu has signed a new contract with Charlton. The transfer would be like buying any other player contracted to a club.

I suspect scenario 1 is what we are looking at.

I see three scenarios which result in Oxford signing him:

1. Fosu does not sign a contract with Charlton. He signs for Oxford but compensation is required as he is under 24 - Oxford reach financial agreement with Charlton
2. Fosu does not sign a contract with Charlton. He signs for Oxford but Oxford fail reach agreement with Charlton so the fee is decided by tribunal (just like Nelson)
3. Fosu has signed a new contract with Charlton. The transfer would be like buying any other player contracted to a club.

I suspect scenario 1 is what we are looking at.

Indeed yes - but we won't be looking at him if scenario 3 exists.

As that would imply he has signed a contract with Charlton merely such that Charlton could charge Oxford United more for his services.

Oxford United wouldn't sign such a player.

Indeed yes - but we won't be looking at him if scenario 3 exists.

As that would imply he has signed a contract with Charlton merely such that Charlton could charge Oxford United more for his services.

Oxford United wouldn't sign such a player.

I agree, scenario 3 would be counter-productive and represent bad faith.

This is all getting a bit odd now. We’ve had countless different sources including his own manager saying he’s definitely signing for us for over a week now but still nothing from OUFC or Robinson. All I can guess is that Fosu is still on holiday and it’ll all get confirmed next week in Portugal?

The worry is the longer it goes on without him actually putting pen to contract, the more chance there is of other clubs tapping him up and pipping us at the 11th hour.

This is all getting a bit odd now. We’ve had countless different sources including his own manager saying he’s definitely signing for us for over a week now but still nothing from OUFC or Robinson. All I can guess is that Fosu is still on holiday and it’ll all get confirmed next week in Portugal?

The worry is the longer it goes on without him actually putting pen to contract, the more chance there is of other clubs tapping him up and pipping us at the 11th hour.
Hopefully there will be an announcement by tomorrow.
The team are off to Portugal next week and I assume that he will be off with them.

Gorrin signed around 7/7:30 last Thursday didn’t he?

Robinson is currently en-route to Portugal so not surprised we haven't heard anything from him.
Imagine the Nelson related stuff was spoken previously.

Perhaps the media team etc are busy getting relevant bits ready for the Portgual trip.

Back
Top Bottom