Tariqe Fosu

or "has become blood brothers with KR whilst in London and just needs to pop down and sign the forms once the GWR strike is over"

30+ a season? Are you living on Neptune? The "Aldridges" of this world seldom come around. Set your sights a little lower.
There are several decent forwards sitting on benches in leagues above I assume. Lets not just go back to the caves and start talking about Sam Smith. This isnt the same time as Aldridge - relative to the big boys, now a much wider gap. Need someone "playing" MILES above, who is realistic enough to know that he isnt playing and slowly being nudged toward the door at then end of his contract. Hes maybe 27. He needs a cunning plan - self belief that he can play at the higher level, and just hasnt been given the chance, with a hunger to play 110% every week and st the world alight. Better to sign on a season long loan with what on paper looks like the best midfield options in L1, and to try to secure a reputation and secure a few more years at the top level by scoring 30+ to justify - rather than disappear into oblivion and try and sell yourself OOC with no game stats for yet another year.

The wages you ask? That's his problem. Swallow the pill now and start scoring goals and get maybe get another 3 years at a parent club 3/1 gamble for the player on his own self belief - obviously Im talking about fringe Premiership - 50k a week guys not laying with 12-18m left.

Last edited:
Its all about hype. Look at Soccer Index - bet everyone has been offered a 500 quid account - its about scores for media hits, adds to bond value etc. Bit bizarre but these premiership wannabees can either have a reality check and take a gamble on their own ability, AND try and create a huge media hype through their (teams) success. Hype=value. Of course could go and play France league 2 - it is over when you make that choice - have to stay in the window and prove you are worth it. Then get rid of your agent. Even ugly pies, when well presented in English footballs' shop window, will attract the interest of pie lovers everywhere, however "in the sky" they may be.

There are several decent forwards sitting on benches in leagues above I assume. Lets not just go back to the caves and start talking about Sam Smith. This isnt the same time as Aldridge - relative to the big boys, now a much wider gap. Need someone "playing" MILES above, who is realistic enough to know that he isnt playing and slowly being nudged toward the door at then end of his contract. Hes maybe 27. He needs a cunning plan - self belief that he can play at the higher level, and just hasnt been given the chance, with a hunger to play 110% every week and st the world alight. Better to sign on a season long loan with what on paper looks like the best midfield options in L1, and to try to secure a reputation and secure a few more years at the top level by scoring 30+ to justify - rather than disappear into oblivion and try and sell yourself OOC with no game stats for yet another year.

The wages you ask? That's his problem. Swallow the pill now and start scoring goals and get maybe get another 3 years at a parent club 3/1 gamble for the player on his own self belief - obviously Im talking about fringe Premiership - 50k a week guys not laying with 12-18m left.
Without going into all the politics and moral arguments, a player that fits that criteria is Ched Evans. Being pushed out the door at Sheffield Utd but, I imagine, still feels he has a point to prove and a lot to offer.

I honestly don’t know how I’d feel if he came here though, despite all the arguments for and against being aired to exhaustion.

Without going into all the politics and moral arguments, a player that fits that criteria is Ched Evans. Being pushed out the door at Sheffield Utd but, I imagine, still feels he has a point to prove and a lot to offer.

I honestly don’t know how I’d feel if he came here though, despite all the arguments for and against being aired to exhaustion.
Hopefully if you sell it publicly like that, like KR have some sort of interview where he tries to say the same things, I think we will attract from the top - just a theory which offer players potential leverage - sell that too. soccerindex. no hype no value

"KR says premiership fringe "players" just need to the math - "do you belieeeeeeve in you being part of this club, can you haaaandle the upcoming medi circus, as we dominate every game and with your 30 a year helps us crush everyone in our path - What message does that send to your club? What does that do to your value?? - liiiiike I said boys, youv'e just got to do the math"

Last edited:
I'd take Ched Evans as he scores goals at this level. I'm not sure he would move south though. I find it amazing how people still would view it as a controversial signing given that it has been proved in a court of law that he was innocent even though he still had to do time in prison.

If we signed Adam Johnson then that would be a whole different situation.

From what KR has said about players being right for the club eg Nile Ranger I doubt very much if we would entertain Ched Evans

From what KR has said about players being right for the club eg Nile Ranger I doubt very much if we would entertain Ched Evans

Why?

One is a proven criminal that doesn't seem to learn from his mistakes and rightly didn't get a contract. The other is a innocent man that wrongly got found guilty first time around in court.

Evans was found not guilty and is rightly earning a wage in his chosen profession. Would have no issue with him signing although would imagine he’d stay north.

He was apparently awful last season, but i think this is a good signing and KR knows how to get the best from him.

Typical Instagram footballer poseur however...

Just looked at his instagram, he actually seems semi-down to earth compared to most normal people, and definitely compared to most footballers!

KR on way to Portugal (he doesn't fly) so presume they must have done the interviews etc by now. Otherwise we'll ll be waiting until the weekend.

KR on way to Portugal (he doesn't fly) so presume they must have done the interviews etc by now. Otherwise we'll ll be waiting until the weekend.

Hope his air con is working then

I'd take Ched Evans as he scores goals at this level. I'm not sure he would move south though. I find it amazing how people still would view it as a controversial signing given that it has been proved in a court of law that he was innocent even though he still had to do time in prison.

If we signed Adam Johnson then that would be a whole different situation.

Do you remember Baldie, once of this parish ? Didn’t he get banned for wading in to the ched Evans debate and suggesting he might actually be innocent while all around him were proposing shipping him off to the US and death by the electric chair !!!

You can imagine the smug look he’d have on his face if we signed him and this forum welcomed him to our club !??

Do you remember Baldie, once of this parish ? Didn’t he get banned for wading in to the ched Evans debate and suggesting he might actually be innocent while all around him were proposing shipping him off to the US and death by the electric chair !!!

You can imagine the smug look he’d have on his face if we signed him and this forum welcomed him to our club !??

... is that you Baldy?

I do wish there were more rumours of out and out strikers incoming. Other than Evans and Doidge no other names are surfacing other than Norwood who’s moved on and the City lad.

Baldie did have some sensible views on oufc.
When it came to Man U though he was a totally blinkered idiot.

• Haha
Reactions: Ian
I know we have been round this buoy several times but we shouldn't confuse 'found not guilty' with 'innocent'. It was reported that his millionaire father-in-law allegedly paid two scallys £50K each to blacken the name of his victim in the second court case. I don't know if this is correct or not but I understand that they were nowhere to be seen first time around.
Mind you, I was also against signing Luke McCormick, so what do I know?
Our justice system is founded on the “innocent until proven guilty” theory so wholeheartedly disagree with you.

Back
Top Bottom