Target refuses to run!

Of course attitude can be scouted. Scouting isn’t now just watching a match. The analysis team flag possible recruits, scouts on the ground will watch a few times, coaches scouts etc will speak to people in the game about attitude/personality.

You seriously think that scouts speaking to “people in the game” comes anywhere close to as good an assessment of attitude as...manager actually speaks to player..?

In that case I’m never going to a job interview again...I’ll just send my references.

Which I may even have written myself.

At the risk of enraging the internet, I'm not sure I believe this story. I think it's quite possibly some good old fashioned spin to conjure some good will in light of no news and quite possibly, on the back of one or two players turning us down.

Not being a doom mongerer, before anyone wants to go there. Just saying what I think.

According to the Fail it was a set distance over a set time. Hardly worth getting a bad reputation for being a bit of a "one" over. I should think most League managers talk to each other as well.
Scouting/Stats etc can be seen like a CV build for us "normal" beings. Has he got xyz qualities? Yep. Get him in as he fits the job description. Turns up and the next step includes a medical & a run....... "I`m not doing that"..... doors over there then chap.
Folk can have the best CV`s in the world but if they lack certain qualities you are better off without them in a team game.
The opposite is also the same, if they lack a bit in certain aspects then they can learn & be trained if they are willing.

At the risk of enraging the internet, I'm not sure I believe this story. I think it's quite possibly some good old fashioned spin to conjure some good will in light of no news and quite possibly, on the back of one or two players turning us down.

Not being a doom mongerer, before anyone wants to go there. Just saying what I think.
If that's true then I give KR kudos for really knowing our fanbase and knowing that the majority will be in a blind panic because we haven't signed 200 players.

It might be true but I would have thought he'd keep his mouth shut rather than trying to invent something to placate the fans as it likely will only end badly. If the story is true then we did the right thing by showing the player the door, I just hope he got a kick up the a**e on the way out.

You seriously think that scouts speaking to “people in the game” comes anywhere close to as good an assessment of attitude as...manager actually speaks to player..?

In that case I’m never going to a job interview again...I’ll just send my references.

Which I may even have written myself.

Ha please. My point being many people will have had an input along with KR.

Ha please. My point being many people will have had an input along with KR.

And my point being....ONLY KR’s input is important, no-one else’s (at least in terms of judging “attitude”).

Clearly, this is not a fully exhaustive process but it is unusual to get so far through the process of a transfer before deciding that the player’s attitude is problematic.

Unusual? Maybe.

But not unheard of. And certainly not a sign that our scouting system is failing.

Do we know it was transfer?

He will have to be quick to get past Nelson, and Dickie.

Back
Top Bottom