Target refuses to run!

God u and Sean are miserable sods [emoji23]

It says nothing about the quality of the targets, nor that it’s an excuse that we’re not signing anyone.

It says exactly what we’ve seen from kr already, he wants fit players that can run for 90 mins, and he doesn’t want any im bigger than the club attitudes.

I’d happily take another lego, who will run his a**e off in a fitness test over a dave kitson, who thinks he’s to good to have to
I think some may have missed the point I was making. I would hope that the targets the club are approaching have been evaluated to the extent that they are assured of their suitability before talking personal terms. Having an attitude as displayed is a worry in so far as it was not known prior to inviting the player to join.
As to being miserable, I don't believe last season was any cause for joyous celebration. I want, and expect better.

. I would hope that the targets the club are approaching have been evaluated to the extent that they are assured of their suitability before talking personal terms. Having an attitude as displayed is a worry in so far as it was not known prior to inviting the player to join.

I would say that was incredibly naive.

God u and Sean are miserable sods [emoji23]

It says nothing about the quality of the targets, nor that it’s an excuse that we’re not signing anyone.

It says exactly what we’ve seen from kr already, he wants fit players that can run for 90 mins, and he doesn’t want any im bigger than the club attitudes.

I’d happily take another lego, who will run his a**e off in a fitness test over a dave kitson, who thinks he’s to good to have to
I think some may have missed the point I was making. I would hope that the targets the club are approaching have been evaluated to the extent that they are assured of their suitability before talking personal terms. Having an attitude as displayed is a worry in so far as it was not known prior to inviting the player to join.
As to being miserable, I don't believe last season was any cause for joyous celebration. I want, and expect better.

Most scouting is done on ability, performance and potential. It’s very hard to “scout” someone’s attitude until Face to face. To many times we’ve signed players like kitson, or even junior brown under mapp, and not found out until it’s to late they have a poor attitude, and then have to pay to get them out the club. Fair play to kr for having a principle and sticking to it, if we want to compete next season it will take squad unity and higher fitness levels to get us up with teams that can afford much better players, as for last season it’s exactly kr’s desire to want and expect better that has seen this player be kicked back through the door no sooner than he’d entered

Last edited by a moderator:
Many a club X-Xountry match held on Shotover, always involving two or three times up one or more of the hills - mind you, always preferred that to the drag up from the flyover.

You mean make up a bullshit story, about a player who possibly turned us down and put it out in the media. Yes, I'm sure that would do our reputation among players and agents no harm at all! There is absolutely no reason to not believe KR on this one. I have to wonder why you are suspicious of his comments?

Didn’t say I disbelieved god, oh I mean KR. I just said, I hope this isn’t the start of excuses e.g. the next player we test can ran, but couldn’t kick a ball!!

When we heard 5/6 weeks ago that we had players lined up, and yes I know the season’s just ended, the player contractual terms expire 31st May, players, managers and agents etc on holidays etc etc, to then hear the first bit of news that the player refused to ran (don’t know reasons why), then it’s a bit disappointing.

I not concerned yet, but I’d like to think that now some of the above has gone, plays offs played etc that we should hear about a couple of signings next week at least.

The manager doesn't communicate enough or fans feel he isn't being honest - some people moan
The manager communicates and is honest - some people moan

Honestly, who would be a manager

NOT DISAGREEING WITH THE DECISION, but do we know why the player refused to run?

A nice little bit of PR from KR there. Sets an expectation to other players and their percenter for what it is expected of them.

KR: can you run?
Player: yeah gaffer
KR: okay you’re signed
Player: I can't kick a ball though
KR: oh don’t worry about that
Player: or have a football brain
KR: like I said, don’t worry as long as you can run!

Yeah, I guess that sets the expectations.

KR was dead right,who does that player think he is?refusing to do
part of a fitness test.
We cant compete with the Sunderlands of this world in buying the
most skilful players for this league,but theres nothing stopping us
from being one of the fittest.

Bale was one name in the frame, but he refused to wash his hands before the pre-contract talks meal, KR pulled out of talks, we move on.

KR: can you run?
Player: yeah gaffer
KR: okay you’re signed
Player: I can't kick a ball though
KR: oh don’t worry about that
Player: or have a football brain
KR: like I said, don’t worry as long as you can run!

Yeah, I guess that sets the expectations.

At danger of this having gone over my head, the rest of what you suggest is surely sorted out by scouting / what KR knows of the player?

Most scouting is done on ability, performance and potential. It’s very hard to “scout” someone’s attitude until Face to face. To many times we’ve signed players like kitson, or even junior brown under mapp, and not found out until it’s to late they have a poor attitude, and then have to pay to get them out the club. Fair play to kr for having a principle and sticking to it, if we want to compete next season it will take squad unity and higher fitness levels to get us up with teams that can afford much better players, as for last season it’s exactly kr’s desire to want and expect better that has seen this player be kicked back through the door no sooner than he’d entered

Attitude will be fully known. If the scouting does its job they will have numerous references from many sources

Attitude will be fully known. If the scouting does its job they will have numerous references from many sources

But still won’t pick up certain aspects, as certain attitudes will be fine at one club but not at another, different managers will tolerate different levels. Wilder was happy to give dave kitson what he wanted, so he was able to get away with more. But it is all about working with our team of players and our manager, and like in our last promotion season building a team that fight for each other, and buy into what the manager is building. Mapp and sercs clashed so he was shipped out, not really any different here.

Back
Top Bottom