Chairman Takeover now Old Car Chat

I initially heard that the takeover was likely to complete 3 or 4 weeks ago, but the delay was "procedural" rather than signs of anything going wrong. I then heard that it would definitely be sorted this week and announced along with season tickets, kit, fixtures etc in a coordinated series of releases. This week is not playing out as I would have expected so maybe there is something that has changed, or we might just be getting played a little!
Or your source has cottoned on to you and is now feeding you duff info.

As the main players are not able to be in the country at the moment I wonder if KR will have to be around to field any questions.
I thought he was on holiday last two weeks of June so maybe we could hear something first week of July

As the main players are not able to be in the country at the moment I wonder if KR will have to be around to field any questions.
I thought he was on holiday last two weeks of June so maybe we could hear something first week of July
Players are back next week so I guess he will have to be on hand.

I initially heard that the takeover was likely to complete 3 or 4 weeks ago, but the delay was "procedural" rather than signs of anything going wrong. I then heard that it would definitely be sorted this week and announced along with season tickets, kit, fixtures etc in a coordinated series of releases. This week is not playing out as I would have expected so maybe there is something that has changed, or we might just be getting played a little!

Caution this vehicle is reversing........................

The longer this takeover takes I can't help feel its going to have an impact of a slow start to next season.

The longer this takeover takes I can't help feel its going to have an impact of a slow start to next season.

I mean, like I said before I was under the assumption the deal had been done. If it's just a matter of waiting to announce it then it shouldn't have too much of an effect on things.

They have to pass the EFL "fit and proper" test.

If you are too "fit and proper" it takes ages................. whereas if you are a bit shady it whizzes through.

I mean, like I said before I was under the assumption the deal had been done. If it's just a matter of waiting to announce it then it shouldn't have too much of an effect on things.

I don't see any advantage in not announcing it though if it's been completed, likewise what is the hold up on season ticket news?

They have to pass the EFL "fit and proper" test.

If you are too "fit and proper" it takes ages................. whereas if you are a bit shady it whizzes through.
I wonder if they have concerns about Erick Thohir and Anidnya Bakrie's political positions and their now Politically Exposed Person status which they didn't have even they joined the board. In fact, Thohir had to resign his position due to his position so perhaps the EFL are uncomfortable with who's fronting this when he's obviously the main man of the consortium?

I wonder if they have concerns about Erick Thohir and Anidnya Bakrie's political positions and their now Politically Exposed Person status which they didn't have even they joined the board. In fact, Thohir had to resign his position due to his position so perhaps the EFL are uncomfortable with who's fronting this when he's obviously the main man of the consortium?

It`s the EFL, being exposed to corruption etc is a necessity. :)

Nothing early this morning from Oxford Mail...am I reading too much into this? Probably.

Nothing early this morning from Oxford Mail...am I reading too much into this? Probably.
It has been a good indicator in the past. Or they have exhausted all other stories!

Back
Top Bottom