Chairman Takeover now Old Car Chat

I was told the friends of OUFC have signed on a deal to buy Stratfield Break Kidlington and surrounding land. I was told two weeks ago, don't shoot the messenger i have no idea of the set up and ownership except to say it will be a community based stadium and facilities. I guess its wishful thinking but never posted as i thought it was a bit far fetched, but now is it?

I was told the friends of OUFC have signed on a deal to buy Stratfield Break Kidlington and surrounding land. I was told two weeks ago, don't shoot the messenger i have no idea of the set up and ownership except to say it will be a community based stadium and facilities. I guess its wishful thinking but never posted as i thought it was a bit far fetched, but now is it?

So this is the land deal with a farmer that Niall got asked about on the 5 minutes fan forum the other night which he denied all knowledge? Is a good location logistically (train station, park and ride close by) but it would be a massive project as no facilities are around it currently.

Kidlington Youth use a lot of pitches there.

He would still own 49%?
Really depends on how much he has already sold to finance the club. We'll probably never know as it is all handled through Oxford Investment Holdings PTE in Singapore. Remember also, he never actually owned 100% of the club. There are other share holders, some very small some less than very small.

According to Companies House Tiger bought a 75% share holding in OUFC.

Last edited:
Really depends on how much he has already sold to finance the club. We'll probably never know as it is all handled through Oxford Investment Holdings PTE in Singapore. Remember also, he never actually owned 100% of the club. There are other share holders, some very small some less than very small.

According to Companies House Tiger bought a 75% share holding in OUFC.

I should also say that once ol' slippery had been paid off, his shares reverted to the club - I mean to Oxford Investment Holdings PTE.
So, 75% plus another 10%, which as we all know, does not equal 85%, means that to gain control with 51% Tiger would still be left with some shares, if he owned them in the first place.

I should also say that once ol' slippery had been paid off, his shares reverted to the club - I mean to Oxford Investment Holdings PTE.
So, 75% plus another 10%, which as we all know, does not equal 85%, means that to gain control with 51% Tiger would still be left with some shares, if he owned them in the first place.

Wasn’t Eales paid off several months ago? Well the charge was released ? . But then just recently the shares were transferred to the Singapore holding company.

So for several years , it has been that 84% majority holding that gets sold around , to either Woodstock Partners or Ensco or the Singapore company. So whoever owned 51% of the company that owned that majority shareholding was effectively the owner.

Last time I saw any info on the Singapore company, Tiger’s holding was getting smaller as he presumably had to let other investors have shares in order for them to invest.

Wasn’t Eales paid off several months ago? Well the charge was released ? . But then just recently the shares were transferred to the Singapore holding company.

So for several years , it has been that 84% majority holding that gets sold around , to either Woodstock Partners or Ensco or the Singapore company. So whoever owned 51% of the company that owned that majority shareholding was effectively the owner.

Last time I saw any info on the Singapore company, Tiger’s holding was getting smaller as he presumably had to let other investors have shares in order for them to invest.
Sounds about right @MarkG I cannot get into the Singapore companies info so I'm none the wiser. Tiger must have been selling something to the other investors, can't imagine they would have put up any cash otherwise. So, it begs the question, how much does Tiger still own? And, once they have achieved 51%, does that leave Tiger with anything?

Anyone overseas able to view this video? Apparently a launch video of a new stadium for us.Screenshot_20210319-221318_Samsung Internet.jpg

Last edited:
Kassam's empire must have taken a huge hit in the pandemic. Timing wise this is the the ideal time to make any move. Turning the stadium into cash be that a stadium sale or a property deal must be a lot more attractive.

Such a shame. Shall we have a whip round?

I don`t want us to be a boring "Top 30" club....... the roller coaster we have ridden since the 1980`s has been a blast!
There can`t be many clubs that have hit such extremes in both directions.... that is who we are..... never predictable, never dull, always United.
Yes - I reminisce about the away days at Ebbsfleet and Grays - nurse!

Well tiger did say I think last weeks 5 min fan forum that he would personally come to Radox and announce the ground situation in person so maybe there is some merit in the story.

Back
Top Bottom