FA Cup tail wagging the dog?

It might go against the grain, but 3pm Saturday has no particular meaning for me anymore for games. I normally turn up a couple of hours before kick off for a beer or two, followed by a dodgy burger and then settle in for the game. I do this regardless of it being 12pm, 3pm or 7.45pm!

Sometimes I can't get to games, sometimes I have to shoot early, sometimes I run late. But this is due to juggling work and family lives and little to do with the timing of the game.

I used to like the Friday night games in the conference, loved Swansea on Sunday lunchtime and coped pretty well with beating Swindon and back in the pub by 2pm!

Life has changed, and football has evolved, and I'm happy to go with the flow!

I'll be honest, I don't quite get it.

I understand that half a dozen games have been moved for live TV purposes - but why exactly have they moved 16 other games to those same slots (i.e. 12:30pm and 5:30pm Sat & 2pm Sun).

Is that just so that TV can cut from its live game to show other goals going in? In which case, I'd be pissed if it was us! Fine if you're going to televise the whole game and give us a wodge of cash but not just so your TV audience can get a few extra 10 second highlights......

It would help if football grew up and allowed games to be broadcast live at 3pm on a Saturday. Particularly when plenty of pubs show them on dodgy foreign feeds at that time anyway. My local often shows Leicester City games live at 3pm on Saturdays.

Back
Top Bottom