General Sykes

Add to this Lofthouse, Sole, Lopes and Chambers-Parillon in the youth team sat up and you’ve got a whole lot of talent coming through. Exciting times...

Hope chambers-Parillon gets a loan for the remainder of the season. Has been finding the U18s pretty comfortable!

Add to this Lofthouse, Sole, Lopes and Chambers-Parillon in the youth team sat up and you’ve got a whole lot of talent coming through. Exciting times...
I had a shopping delivery when I got back from the Hartlepool FA cup game in January (bear with me). The driver was a local referee who takes games at the training ground and has seen a lot of the youth team. Lopes came on that day. We had a good chat (whilst my wife carried in the bags and unpacked the shopping). He reckons Lopes is the standout player who should be the next player to come through and play more in the first team.

I had a shopping delivery when I got back from the Hartlepool FA cup game in January (bear with me). The driver was a local referee who takes games at the training ground and has seen a lot of the youth team. Lopes came on that day. We had a good chat (whilst my wife carried in the bags and unpacked the shopping). He reckons Lopes is the standout player who should be the next player to come through and play more in the first team.
Lopes is 18 now - he will turn 19 this calendar year - so it’ll be very interesting to see what next season means for him. From what I’ve seen he seems to play all manner of ‘forward’ positions but doesn’t really nail one down regularly. He can play wide, in the hole as a ten or up top as a nine, but I don’t know how exceptional he really is at any of them yet. Versatility can of course be a very good thing, but when you’re trying to break through and develop it can also be tricky to excel and push on. What I do like about him is that physically he is definitely ahead of many youth players we’ve seen over the years. He looks to be about six feet and is definitely not skinny and lightweight. He also seems very confident, and is unafraid to try to carry the ball - he wants to be involved in the game. On paper he’s got a lot of the qualities you need, but like I say, I just don’t know exactly what his outright position is yet.

It all looks very promising, will be even more positive with promotion and Academy 2 next season.

And Spasov and Jones?

For sure, was going along the Sykes theme of midfield positions though.

Nico and Slav are fantastic players, would love to see Nico on loan in the conference he’d learn so much from it and from what I understand, he’ll be off out very soon. A class act.

Slav needs a run of games without injury. His last (major) injury was a weird one. For whatever reason, it was misdiagnosed and that eventually led to surgery on something completely different to what was first reported!!!

As for Fabio, Ryan is right. He’s always utilised along the front line or behind. What I’ve noticed from watching is he often overplays in the wrong areas and often gets caught in possession trying to do to much.

Not sure on his height but he’s not tall. Very stocky but unbelievably strong and loves the physical side of the game.

Last edited:
... and Goodhram?

He reminds of O’Dowda albeit right sided. An old school winger who loves to get at his man and get crosses into the box. Like O’Dowda, he needs to bulk up if he’s going to become a pro. Height wise, think Kelly and you’ve got Goodrham!

And I’m the starting lineup today, in what is probably one one of our strongest squads in a long time. I really rate him.

Mark Sykes is a good player. He's got good technical ability and I expect him to be playing in the championship in the next few seasons

For sure, was going along the Sykes theme of midfield positions though.

Nico and Slav are fantastic players, would love to see Nico on loan in the conference he’d learn so much from it and from what I understand, he’ll be off out very soon. A class act.

Slav needs a run of games without injury. His last (major) injury was a weird one. For whatever reason, it was misdiagnosed and that eventually led to surgery on something completely different to what was first reported!!!

As for Fabio, Ryan is right. He’s always utilised along the front line or behind. What I’ve noticed from watching is he often overplays in the wrong areas and often gets caught in possession trying to do to much.

Not sure on his height but he’s not tall. Very stocky but unbelievably strong and loves the physical side of the game.
Announced today that a handful of U18’s are off on loan in the coming days, including Lopes and Jones. Will be interesting to see what level these two in particular end up at. Would love to see a young player go to the Conference proper at some point - would really suggest that they can step up to the next level.

Back
Top Bottom