General Sykes being loaned out!!!!

I think it'll take a few more weeks, but once he fires on all cylinders we know how meaningful his contribution can be.
So - you do not think that he can make much of a contribution at the moment, and I agree. The question that follows that is then 'Are league matches an appropriate place for a player who cannot affect the match to be put onto the pitch to try and get him fit?' Again, not a question designed to trip anyone up, but I think that the U23s game played just before the Burton game would have been a far more sensible place to have played Hall. Less pressure on him and a game in which the result matters much much less.

So - you do not think that he can make much of a contribution at the moment, and I agree. The question that follows that is then 'Are league matches an appropriate place for a player who cannot affect the match to be put onto the pitch to try and get him fit?' Again, not a question designed to trip anyone up, but I think that the U23s game played just before the Burton game would have been a far more sensible place to have played Hall. Less pressure on him and a game in which the result matters much much less.
Must be something to do with his pay to play deal?

the reasoning as to why could be asked in todays 5 mins fans forum on Rad Ox ... I cant be arsed to pose the question (to Niall McW), after radox yet again filtered questions( for KR) last week!!!!

but maybe someone could ask/ send the question in ?

IMO an open and public Fans Forum is whats needed, where Q's are unfiltered and can be asked directly to those best placed to answer

Just ask @Scotchegg ;-)

All summer people were clamouring for signings and now we have them still they moan, what exactly do people want?

It’s because lots of fans have never kicked a ball in their life. They don’t have a scooby doo!
Yet like to pretend, for some reason they “know about football”. It’s like twats on here pretending to be itk just recycling things the mates mates mate has told them.

Donkeys near me shouting buzz words like switch it, when yeah there’s a man free on the other side of the pitch but the player on the ball is under pressure from two or three players.
Or the favourite “time... time” when the player clearly needs to move the ball quick. Or the worst lately, when we’ve been playing some lovely football moving the ball well and the first pass along the back line and they’re moaning for it to be kicked long! Jesus.

The fact is we should’ve beaten Sunderland and Blackpool. We didn’t that’s football I’m afraid. We’ve played really well in every match so far but came up against a solid Burton and especially a quality midfield unit. Some people can only see the goals not the performance.

Last edited:
There's a pervasive myth that anyone who had a talent for controlling a football, and some reasonable athleticism, is always more able to 'understand' a game of football a game than any other spectator.

I think it helps to have played even if it’s just at junior level, however for me personally I learnt and ‘understood’ far more about football after suffering bad injuries and watching from the sidelines.

Football is a game of opinions, and a lot seems to depend on how you look at things

For example, if Chris Cadden is getting forward a lot, seeing a lot of the ball, but not completing many successful crosses, some seem to think he’s played poorly as he hasn’t put enough crosses in, while others think he’s been a big outlet and an important part of our play

I think it helps to have played even if it’s just at junior level...

Absolutely, it's not a coincidence that nearly all top class coaches and managers played at decent levels.

There's a pervasive myth that anyone who had a talent for controlling a football, and some reasonable athleticism, is always more able to 'understand' a game of football a game than any other spectator.

That’s absolutely true, I shouldn’t make such aspersions. I formally apologise to all non footballers who actually know what they’re talking about. The people I sit near must just be idiots then ;-)

That’s absolutely true, I shouldn’t make such aspersions. I formally apologise to all non footballers who actually know what they’re talking about. The people I sit near must just be idiots then ;-)
Let's be fair, we probably all sit near people who sound like they've never even seen a game of football in their lives, despite going week in, week out!

I had one guy last year spend 3 or 4 games shouting "Garbutt, you're s**t" at Josh Ruffels!!!

Let's be fair, we probably all sit near people who sound like they've never even seen a game of football in their lives, despite going week in, week out!

I had one guy last year spend 3 or 4 games shouting "Garbutt, you're s**t" at Josh Ruffels!!!
I admit to being rubbish at sport and not knowing much about football but you can pick up stuff if you watch carefully. A bit of humility is always good

Well, judging by your character on here I'm very surprised you didn't put him right straight away!!?

You don't need to know much about football to read the name on the back of the shirt.

You don't need to know much about football to read the name on the back of the shirt.
He was only in the third row!!! If you can't tell the difference between two players at that distance then there really isn't much point!

Back
Top Bottom