General Sykes being loaned out!!!!

All summer people were clamouring for signings and now we have them still they moan, what exactly do people want?

Mark Sykes was late back to pre-season (due to international duty) and has since struggled to make the bench so it's sensible to get him some game time, given he missed some of pre-season he's probably not ready and getting games elsewhere will benefit us in the medium/long term.

Thing is we could be leaving ourselves a bit short, he is currently fitter than most of our midfielders- Hall, Baptiste, Thorne, Forde and Fosu. Add in when Brannagan gets suspended it would make more sense having him available than rely on them to plug the gap.

Im predicting Baptiste on the bench this weekend. There has to be some method to this madness. After all, he has been back training for a month and got a good hour in for the U23's on Tuesday. Thats my theory...

Thing is we could be leaving ourselves a bit short, he is currently fitter than most of our midfielders- Hall, Baptiste, Thorne, Forde and Fosu. Add in when Brannagan gets suspended it would make more sense having him available than rely on them to plug the gap.
Baptiste is a couple of weeks away and could feature against Millwall and Norwich u23's. Forde is match fit. Fosu only had a tweak and is fine now. Hall is getting fitter with each game, but it is more about regaining his confidence (which may or may not get him back to his best). Thorne is probably 3 weeks away.

We've also got Brannagan, Gorrin, Hanson and possibly Mous to cover the middle, with Henry, Woodburn and probably Ageyi who can cover the more advanced midfield positions.

So we're hardly leaving ourselves short!

I personally trust the staff who are working with all of these players day in, day out. And the medical professionals at the club to let me know which players are fully fit.
Do you think Robbie Hall is fit enough to make a meaningful contribution to first team games at the moment? It's not a trick question - I genuinely do not think he is, and wonder if others are seeing something I'm not.

Do you think Robbie Hall is fit enough to make a meaningful contribution to first team games at the moment? It's not a trick question - I genuinely do not think he is, and wonder if others are seeing something I'm not.
I think it'll take a few more weeks, but once he fires on all cylinders we know how meaningful his contribution can be.

Compared to Burton our fitness levels look suspect.
Not many of our attacking options have completed 90 mins this season, apart from Brannagan, Henry and Sykes.

I'd much rather Hall be loaned out!
I am pretty sure that wont happen.
He is getting back to fitness and having the clubs medical team around must be a good thing.
Also who would take him at the moment? He needs to see whether he can get back to form and fitness here I reckon.

Compared to Burton our fitness levels look suspect.
Not many of our attacking options have completed 90 mins this season, apart from Brannagan, Henry and Sykes.
I agree that Burton looked really sharp and fit.
We looked fitter than Peterborough Sunderkand and a mile fitter than Blackpool though!

I'd rather no one gets loaned out and we keep a strong squad with depth (unless someone else is coming in).

I am pretty sure that wont happen.
He is getting back to fitness and having the clubs medical team around must be a good thing.
Also who would take him at the moment? He needs to see whether he can get back to form and fitness here I reckon.
As has been said by others, bringing him on for some minutes if we have a decent lead in a game then fair enough, but to bring him on hoping for him to change a game in our favour just won't happen at present.
He's also taking a bench spot of someone who might.

He needs to get his fitness and speed back to a decent level some other way at the moment, as he is nowhere near fit enough.

If he ever gets back to where he was. There has to be some doubt I think.
There might be some doubt. But like I say, I'll trust the people that are monitoring his progress and that obviously see enough signs of improvement in training to want to work on his match sharpness.

Back
Top Bottom