General Sykes being loaned out!!!!

Disappointed by this news, I was looking forward to seeing him play for us. Without doubt first team opportunities will be at a premium, however, so I can see the logic. Heart says disappointing, head says good luck for productive loan experience.

Surprised as I am, I'm prepared to trust the management on this one. It's not like they won't have gone through all the points that have been raised on this thread themselves.

I think its a good move for all. Sykes imo looks decent on the ball but a little liteweight for league 1 football. He is nowhere near the level of Brannigan and we have other better players that can fill in CM or AC. Sykes isnt a winger so no point comparing him to hall or Fosu etc. A loan spell to L2 where he plays regularly will be a good bench mark to see if he can make it with us.

KR did say that players would have to go out on loan to bring loan players in.

Looks like Sykes out & Thorne in. Only time will tell if that’s a good decision.

I wonder if we’ll see any other players go out on loan? I can’t see anyone taking Hall at his current stage of rehabilitation.
Spasov, Jones, & Lopes look the most likely candidates. McMahon is also still on the books.

Surprised as I am, I'm prepared to trust the management on this one. It's not like they won't have gone through all the points that have been raised on this thread themselves.
Me too. Can’t imagine that no thought or planning went into that decision! To suggest Hall is a better alternative is nonsense. Who would pay part of the wages of an under-performing, half-injured winger still way off true match fitness?

Shocking decision for me if anyone needs to go out on loan its rob hall,looked off the pace and scared of going into a challenge, dont get Sykes going out on loan at all!!!
Wouldn't surprise me if Hall also goes out on loan.

Wise move from Robbo in my opinion.

Sykes is clearly a talented player, but is still in his first year in professional football, and does seem a bit lightweight, and playing 20-30 games in league 2 could be just what he needs to then come back here in January, physically, and mentally stronger, and more of an asset for the rest of the season than he would be if he was sat on the bench getting a few minutes here and there or playing in the u23’s.

Hopefully that’s how it works out anyway, and if so, it makes sense.

We're overloaded with DMs rather than AMs? Perhaps KR plans to shuffle the deck slightly and move from 4231 to 433 to accommodate Taylor.

We're overloaded with DMs rather than AMs? Perhaps KR plans to shuffle the deck slightly and move from 4231 to 433 to accommodate Taylor.
Hopefully. It would certainly play to Taylor’s strengths more

He'll go to an innocuous, pointless little club in the home counties who plays him in their team, and values him.

They'll beg to take him permanently in January, he'll want to go there, they will offer and we will accept peanuts.

Three years later, 20 caps for NI and on the cusp of a move to the Prem. Don't like it one bit.

Once again fans appear to think they know better than the coaching staff that see the players day in day out, when will we learn to not criticize every decision that is made.

Not sure how some people would expect Hall to come back at 100% after a year out injured although some have already written him off after 1 start and a handful of minutes off the bench. He needs careful management and no doubt that is why he hasn't been loaned out, just needs games off the bench and u23's for now.

Sykes is down the pecking order and we have to get someone off the wage bill given the signings we've just made so it makes sense all round. He'll hopefully come back in January up to speed and ready to step in when needed.

Once again fans appear to think they know better than the coaching staff that see the players day in day out, when will we learn to not criticize every decision that is made.

Not sure how some people would expect Hall to come back at 100% after a year out injured although some have already written him off after 1 start and a handful of minutes off the bench. He needs careful management and no doubt that is why he hasn't been loaned out, just needs games off the bench and u23's for now.

Sykes is down the pecking order and we have to get someone off the wage bill given the signings we've just made so it makes sense all round. He'll hopefully come back in January up to speed and ready to step in when needed.
You don’t think the brains on here could do better than the management?

Back
Top Bottom