Swindon

Curtis Woodhouse has won Twitter tonight by congratulating that lot for appointing a manager of colour :ROFLMAO:

Another deluded manager at the scum.
"Swindon, as a club, have been a sleeping giant for years now. They have a fantastic history with some great names to have played or managed here."
Sleeping giant :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

When we lose to a 90th minute winner at home I could't give a s**t about Swindon result.

I see Swindon lost to.... ha ha...
Grimsby yesterday, meaning they ha ha ha can't make the play offs.

On a serious note, that means we go another season without their customary gift of 6 points to us, which does make life a little harder in League One.

On a serious note, that means we go another season without their customary gift of 6 points to us, which does make life a little harder in League One.

We could draw little Swindon in the League Cup first round next season, couldn’t we? It would be nice to let them have a big away day after visits to Forest Green and Macclesfield.

On their forum there is a big row over whether their season has been sh*t or very Sh*t. Bless

I rather enjoyed the comment by one of them that beating Forest Green twice was a highlight. And then musing that they will likely spend more than Swindon in the summer.

I’m sure I’ve heard before that they’ve never previouslyfailed to get promoted from the fourth division on the first attempt. Until now of course.

Quite chuffed the scum are not getting promoted. Although I enjoy our games, I don't mind not playing them for a couple of seasons.

But I do really fancy a game against Reading.

Quite chuffed the scum are not getting promoted. Although I enjoy our games, I don't mind not playing them for a couple of seasons.

But I do really fancy a game against Reading.

Not much chance of that unfortunately.

I’m sure I’ve heard before that they’ve never previouslyfailed to get promoted from the fourth division on the first attempt. Until now of course.

They have spent most of their s**t history in the fourth division so that can’t be true.

They have spent most of their s**t history in the fourth division so that can’t be true.

Have they? This would suggest otherwise (although it also seems to show my suggestion that they’ve always been re-promoted immediately on being in the fourth tier as not true).

cd0d866ec5cc38133eadc5f7a52b480b.jpg

Have they? This would suggest otherwise (although it also seems to show my suggestion that they’ve always been re-promoted immediately on being in the fourth tier as not true).

Please please please can you superimpose our equivalent graph on top?

Maybe I got mixed up and it was the 3rd tier, they seem like a fourth division club, but then the whole town does as well so it ms a fairly easy mistake.

1958-59 was the first season that Division 3 wasn’t split into north and south divisions so that’s a fair marker from which to look at the league system since there were four divisions making up the Football League for the first time in the modern era. 1992 saw the ‘creation’ of the PL but four divisions have remained constant ever since.

So, in that time Oxford have spent 14 seasons in the basement division (1962-65, 2001-2006, 2010-2016) and eight seasons outside of the FL system altogether (1958-1962 and 2006-2010). Ugh – it sounds so bad thinking we had to wait 15 years to get back to playing third tier football again. However, Oxford managed to avoid playing in the fourth tier for 36 years from 1965 to 2001 and spent three memorable years in the top flight.

Swindon have spent seven seasons in the basement division (1982-86, 2006-07, 2011-12, 2017-TBC) and none outside of the FL. They spent a solitary season in the top flight embarrassing themselves even more than they do normally by letting in 100 goals.

Back
Top Bottom