League One Swindon Town Relegated

The nearest they might come to a derby might be Hereford. They can have a good fight on the trains that go the match.
I am sure we had trouble with Hereford when we played them many moons ago

They could be the underdogs against Forest Green if FG don't make it up.

Great to see them go down, also having lived by them and worked with them, was glad to see the Gas go as well. Wonder what Matty Taylors feelings are that they have gone. Joey Bartons report is worth a read on their web.

Sorry to buck the trend but I don't rejoice in their relegation. Some of our younger fans only see them as rivals and probably never crossed paths with them except at football matches but old gits like me have worked and made friends and have had loads of good natured banter with our 6 fingered neighbours.

Sorry to buck the trend but I don't rejoice in their relegation. Some of our younger fans only see them as rivals and probably never crossed paths with them except at football matches but old gits like me have worked and made friends and have had loads of good natured banter with our 6 fingered neighbours.
...and? I work with one of them, he's in my team. He loved it when we were in the conference, I love it now that they have gone down. That's what 'good natured banter' is isn't it?

...and? I work with one of them, he's in my team. He loved it when we were in the conference, I love it now that they have gone down. That's what 'good natured banter' is isn't it?
Yeah you're right really. But here's a poster, if you were say , at the bar and start chatting footy to the guy next to you who would you rather talk to ? A scummer or a plastic prem fan ?

Yeah you're right really. But here's a poster, if you were say , at the bar and start chatting footy to the guy next to you who would you rather talk to ? A scummer or a plastic prem fan ?
Yeah point taken, but all I can say is my banter with the other side always has that base level of respect for them supporting their local team, but I want them to suffer the lows, and I enjoy it when they do. I don't want them to go bust however.

Yeah point taken, but all I can say is my banter with the other side always has that base level of respect for them supporting their local team, but I want them to suffer the lows, and I enjoy it when they do. I don't want them to go bust however.
I feel the same, 25 years in the National League South, closure of their ground and a massive fine will be enough.

Probably the scummer.

I have a scum fan at work and it's great banter but we also appreciate football at this level.

But so glad they are relegated and have a 12 point deduction next season 😀

Swindon's caretaker boss Tommy Wright, who has been placed in charge until the end of the season, was not impressed with this side's performance, and said it was "a very tame way to get relegated".

"It was always going to be an uphill battle to stay up, but to go down like that, with not a lot of pride and not a lot of effort - it could have been 10," he said.

"They were good, but we were so placid for the first 25 minutes.

"I'm really disappointed with the way we played. To go down like that, we need to look at ourselves - it's just not good enough, really.

"You're playing against a good team, and you might get beat, but get beat in a manner that you can show to the people of Swindon that we're going to fight all the way.

"It was like we accepted we were going to go down - it's not acceptable, really."

👋

At plus treble twenty status I have to agree with pompeyyellows in the hope that we never play them again. Silly I know but I still say 'wankers' under and over my breath whenever I pass a road sign with their name on. At times its agonising suppressing the sheer need to say it aloud especially with others in the car with me! It is like I'm suffering with a silent bout of tourette's especially when there is another road sign coming to the fore every mile or so! I also like the fact that when they are beneath us it's always a small chink of happiness to brighten up any tough or dark day. Lovely jubbly x

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom