League Two Swindon Town fans given the opportunity to buy the freehold to the county ground

Crikey, if we did something similar, 2300 fans would need to donate £5,652* each!

*based on £13million for the Kassam

It’s a scam. The company will take the “ground” away on the back of a truck next week (unless it’s overfilled, which will never happen)

Last edited:
Little detail on that article and if 2,300 Scum fans bought a share each at £19.69, that would raise the grand total of just under £46k. Presumably they'll be allowed to buy multiple shares. That said, if I've understood correctly, £2.2m gets their ground bought and owned by the club. Why is ours £13m as starters? Is it basically a Council gift, do the Council still own the underlying land post-any sale?

How refreshing to see a Council pointing out the community importance of a league football club in the town.

Still a bunch of wankers mind.

Little detail on that article and if 2,300 Scum fans bought a share each at £19.69, that would raise the grand total of just under £46k. Presumably they'll be allowed to buy multiple shares. That said, if I've understood correctly, £2.2m gets their ground bought and owned by the club. Why is ours £13m as starters? Is it basically a Council gift, do the Council still own the underlying land post-any sale?

How refreshing to see a Council pointing out the community importance of a league football club in the town.

Still a bunch of wankers mind.

Apparently it was independently valued @£2.2 Million. So that is 111,700 odd shares up for grabs for the fans/club to buy..

Apparently it was independently valued @£2.2 Million. So that is 111,700 odd shares up for grabs for the fans/club to buy..

e81413bb418610883bc7beafb6b12d65.gif

So why is their ground worth £2.2m based in independent valuation but ours is £13m at least to buy?

So why is their ground worth £2.2m based in independent valuation but ours is £13m at least to buy?
Because they’re free to pay whatever the market value is, providing the owner of the freehold is happy with that. We signed a deal saying we had decided / agreed the wind tunnel was worth £13m indefinitely, while continuing to pay over £500,000 per year in rent as long as we remain there.

Because they’re free to pay whatever the market value is, providing the owner of the freehold is happy with that. We signed a deal saying we had decided / agreed the wind tunnel was worth £13m indefinitely, while continuing to pay over £500,000 per year in rent as long as we remain there.
Thank you Nick Merry

I don’t wear any just like my hero Nick. He doesn’t wear them because he can’t afford them.

Ignoring the massive drag factor of the ground being in Swindon, have you been there? (hopefully you got to experience one of the last 2 wins there), it's an absolute hole. It would take millions to bring it up to spec for modern football.

Back
Top Bottom