League One Swindon on the brink

• Thread starter Deleted member 808
  • Start date
Controversial maybe, but I do have a soft spot for Swindon fc. In the 60s when they graced the old div.2, a mate and I went there on the weeks when oufc weren't at home simply to watch the great Don Rogers play.

Controversial maybe, but I do have a soft spot for Swindon fc. In the 60s when they graced the old div.2, a mate and I went there on the weeks when oufc weren't at home simply to watch the great Don Rogers play.
Dirty bastard was Rogers (old fashioned centre forward too .....Gary Briggs wouldve nullified him I reckon) ...if memory serves , in an early oxford v scum match at the Manor , Rogers ran full tilt at our keeper, who was holding the ball at the time,( at the London road end) and shoulder charged our keeper ( who's id eludes me atm) over the goal line...and Rogers was awarded a goal !

Controversial? That's f*****g heresy!!!
I said it would be controversial and you have all confirmed that. Thankyou. By the way @Sarge Rogers played on the left wing and the same treatment to our goalie sent us out of the cup against PNE

Last edited:
Dirty bastard was Rogers (old fashioned centre forward too .....Gary Briggs wouldve nullified him I reckon) ...if memory serves , in an early oxford v scum match at the Manor , Rogers ran full tilt at our keeper, who was holding the ball at the time,( at the London road end) and shoulder charged our keeper ( who's id eludes me atm) over the goal line...and Rogers was awarded a goal !
Probably Harry Fearnley, too early for Kearns.

Last edited:

As school boys, we went to Swindon to watch a random game. Don Rogers owned a sports shop at the time and on the morning of the match, he was in the shop. We went in and asked if he had any Ron Atkinson football boots (it amused us at the time !!). To be fair, he was a decent bloke but it didn't stop me from abusing him whenever he played against us.

"Except we are not sleepwalking into non-league. We can see it painfully in front of us. An absent/radio silent owner, FA investigations, a s**t manager and a number of players not up to it. Sadly its all being played out in the face of a pandemic where our voice is silenced by lockdown. As you say, nothing will change until everything changes."

Feel the pain you barstewards feel the pain................................... :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

If they are dropping down lets hope Northampton and the Gas go with them.

I think Northampton may survive but Bristol Rovers do look good as they seem to screw up a lot in key moments in their recent games looking in from the outside.

I think Northampton may survive but Bristol Rovers do look good as they seem to screw up a lot in key moments in their recent games looking in from the outside.
Was hoping for AFC Wimbledon as well, they seem to have picked up lately, still got to play us. Looks like Rochdale will go, shame, nice fish and chip shop.

Back
Top Bottom